Honda Talon Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hi Ticsster, what is your experience with portals or IGRs and what components failded on your setup? I always want to learn from others experiences.

·
Vendor
106 Posts
@Ticster man, those things bring a whole new level to the game. They actually protect your driveline by gearing down at the hub. Your CV's, diff, prop, tranny, and belt are all protected, while the portal hubs take the abuse.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hi SuperATV can you please explain the differences betwen the cast and billet portals and advantages/disadvantages of each? Also if I am running 35" or larger on the 4" lift will that void the warranty?

Thanks

·
Vendor
106 Posts
Hi SuperATV can you please explain the differences betwen the cast and billet portals and advantages/disadvantages of each? Also if I am running 35" or larger on the 4" lift will that void the warranty
Hey! Don't ever worry about tires and warranty! That's what these things are for!!! Lifetime warranty! You just have to run good oil in them. That's it!
Billet is always stronger than cast, but......that doesn't mean cast isn't strong. If you can manage to blow one...you probably would have blown either. But...Billet is always going to be a stronger material because its CNC'd out of a single billet of aluminum. Plus...billet is awful pretty!! Lol!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts