Do you have or plan to make portals (15% to 25%) for the Honda Talon X. I did not see them on your web site.
I'm assuming 4"? How much wider does it make it again?We did a little testing over the weekend. They're not done yet, but the prototypes were awesome!
1. All of our portals, 4", 6", and 8" will make you 4" wider.I'm assuming 4"? How much wider does it make it again?
How long does it take to swap from knuckles to portals or vice versa?
What is the actual ratio of the 30% version? 1.3:1?
Silly question I know, but would it be possible to swap the gears top to bottom for a 30% overdrive? Sounds dumb I know, but I have tracks for the snow, which reduce speed a lot (effectively a 14" tire) I would love to run portals with 35s in the summer for rock crawling, but I'd either have to swap the portals off when the tracks go on, or making them overdrive would be awesome, especially with how much clearance I'd have
Like I said, I love the portals, the wrench in the gears is the tracks. They're a 50% reduction from the stock 28s. So my top speed on the Rev limiter is 35 mph. Reducing that by 30% would just be miserable. ?1. All of our portals, 4", 6", and 8" will make you 4" wider.
2. If you've never done an install before, it'll take 1 person about 4 to 6 hours depending on your ability, how prepared you are with proper tools, and how organized you are...always searching for that dang socket that you just had in your hand... Lol! ? After you've done it once, they're already together, so you can just remove the complete corners and put your stock hubs back on if you want. It'll just be a super quick swap the next time you do it.
3. I don't know. I'll have to get a calculator and probably get some assistance from one of my engineers. ?
4. Unfortunately you can't swap the gears out to change the reduction or tun it into an overdrive. Cool idea though! But...we designed the boxes to have perfect tolerances to match the gears for the gear reduction you chose. Super simple to take each corner off and then reinstall once they've al be put together already.
5. Price is probably going to be the same as all the other models. Not too much more involved with these besides the R model hubs.
6. They'll work great with IGR. I know a ton of Polaris and Can-Am guys that have done a bunch if IGR and they're also running portals for all the addition benefits like; lift, less stress on axles and driveline, width and stability, and additional gear reduction.
4" Portals offered in 15% and 30%
6" Portals offered in 30% or 45%
8? Portals offered in 45%
Lol! Understood. I've seen both installed, and its wild! A total monster...but you're not going to be hitting 60mph. Lol!Like I said, I love the portals, the wrench in the gears is the tracks. They're a 50% reduction from the stock 28s. So my top speed on the Rev limiter is 35 mph. Reducing that by 30% would just be miserable. ?
If only I could swap the gear like a quick change rear end