Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Vendor
140 Posts
Lol!! ??? We've been beating them up pretty good. The 6" portals in the previous pic are on the R model. That rear hub on the R is going to take a little longer than the X model. They're done and tested tough! Just have to kick off manufacturing of all the pieces. ;)

·
Vendor
140 Posts
Super, will they be similarly priced to the pioneer 1000's you think, just a guess would be great so I can start ratholing funds. lol
Lol! Yep! Pretty sure they'll be the same pricing across the board!

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Do you have the tires and wheels for sale that were used on the pilot Talon? Looked like 43s and truly mud tires. With portals a second set of monster wheels and tires would be nice just for mudding and the 35 Warriors for trail and rock crawling, truly the best of both worlds.

·
Vendor
140 Posts
Will the portals work with your forward control arms or should the stock ones be put back?
Yes sir!! Perfect combo!!

Do you have the tires and wheels for sale that were used on the pilot Talon? Looked like 43s and truly mud tires. With portals a second set of monster wheels and tires would be nice just for mudding and the 35 Warriors for trail and rock crawling, truly the best of both worlds.
Those tires should be ready before the Talon Portals! We may have those tires on the website by the end of the week...maybe...

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I saw the Talon frame stiffener is that required with the portals and should I install it for the internal gear reduction?

·
Vendor
140 Posts
I'd go ahead and install it with the portals go protect your frame and mounting tabs. Its crazy to see how far off the frame and mounting tabs can get after a year or two of riding, which makes everything else fit funny or not fit right at all. Its one of the first things I'd do to a new machine, and its definitely worth it if going with portals and big tires. I'm not really worried about 4 or 6" portals, but when you get to 8" portals and 44" plus tires...I'd HIGHLY recommend it.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thanks SuperATV, I will order before I do the IGR as that will add additional stress, and it seems logical to add extra frame support any time you add tires that will place more stress on the frame.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts