Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Appreciate the reply, I'd imagine that box doesn't get removed much and if it does it's simple to remove?

Also, any issues getting go the airbox with this setup? Guessing you have to remove the box all together. I'd like to get a waterproof box, but this method seems awfully clean!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
This is a waterproof/dustproof box. It makes for a clean installation.

I remove the cargo box (four 1/4-20 knobs) after each ride for cleaning as I ride in really dusty areas.

This is one of my latest pictures.

RAY_0862-Edit.jpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is a waterproof/dustproof box. It makes for a clean installation.

I remove the cargo box (four 1/4-20 knobs) after each ride for cleaning as I ride in really dusty areas.

This is one of my latest pictures.

View attachment 2327
Waterproof even with the holes in the bottom for the bolts?

I just saw your sticker, #NoBrokenBelts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Waterproof even with the holes in the bottom for the bolts?

I just saw your sticker, #NoBrokenBelts

Yes, still waterproof. The washers under the knobs make for a nice seal as well as distributing the load.

One of my local utv groups always has a Monday morning post, "Who rode this weekend. What's the damage report?" I never get to contribute to the damage report and I always end my post with #NoBrokenBelts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It was based on this very thread started by nm6r that I also purchased this box. I am extremely happy with it. I did not make a plate to mount. I just set it in and mounted it right through the floor of the bed. Used rubber washers and a small drop of RTV as I installed the bolts. I pushed it back a little and I did not need to cut the antenna mounting tab on the right side. I also wanted to be able to fit a Super ATV bed extender. So I had to go back a little. I have had the box in snow, mud, water, everything with no issues. Something else to mention..... the box is made with a curve in the back of it. This makes it really easy to service the air filter or oil fill without having to remove the box.Thank you again nm6r for posting this find.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, still waterproof. The washers under the knobs make for a nice seal as well as distributing the load.

One of my local utv groups always has a Monday morning post, "Who rode this weekend. What's the damage report?" I never get to contribute to the damage report and I always end my post with #NoBrokenBelts.
@nm6r I can't find that box on their site, happen to have a model number or anything? I'd like to place an order, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Can you believe the trunks are sold out everywhere, bummer.

May have to go with the Tractor Supply model after all.

You might want to look at the 3505-0208. It is basically the same box with extra storage in the lid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the ultimate Talon cargo box.
Looks great, durable, weather sealed, easy in/out, no ugly straps, $125.

https://www.mooseutilities.com/products/?productId=121242

View attachment 1068

View attachment 1069
I made a mounting plate for it.
It connects to the bed frame with 8 spacers and 8 longer bolts.

View attachment 1070
The cargo box mounts to the plate with four 1/4-20 knobs.
Appreciate the reply, I'd imagine that box doesn't get removed much and if it does it's simple to remove?

Also, any issues getting go the airbox with this setup? Guessing you have to remove the box all together. I'd like to get a waterproof box, but this method seems awfully clean!

Where did you purchase ultimate Talon cargo from? I went to the link attached but couldn't find anything. This is exactly what we are looking for.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Where did you purchase ultimate Talon cargo from? I went to the link attached but couldn't find anything. This is exactly what we are looking for.
I ended up going with Tractor Supply cargo box and I bolted it down to the bed. She's dirty in the pic, but you get the idea. I also ended up mounting my roto pax 2 gallon tank on top. I put about 50 mile on it so far zero issues, 25 mile with the rotopax mounted. So far smooth sailing!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts