Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You selling the mounting plate?
No, I'm not selling the plate. It's just 1/8" aluminum that I cut to match the bottom of the cargo box except the back side goes straight across, then drilled holes to match the oem bolt placements and put in four 1/4-20 rivet nuts.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not so ultimate cargo box - lol

Lowe’s - $18.99 — waterproof

Used a 2” spacer towards front of bed, used factory holes in front for spacer and used a piece of aluminum angle in the back in factory holes.

B0AF4C00-75DE-4C44-AECB-7E12C14BE9A4.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
nm6r- that is the nicest install I've seen! Very well done and I hope you don't mind if I do a similar thing. Quick question, with your KWT particle separator, do you have any issue with the lid hitting the flex hose? I have the same setup on my Honda. Where did you order the box? I haven't been able to find it at the price you paid.

I installed the ultimate Talon cargo box.
Looks great, durable, weather sealed, easy in/out, no ugly straps, $125.

https://www.mooseutilities.com/products/?productId=121242

View attachment 1068

View attachment 1069
I made a mounting plate for it.
It connects to the bed frame with 8 spacers and 8 longer bolts.

View attachment 1070
The cargo box mounts to the plate with four 1/4-20 knobs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nm6r- that is the nicest install I've seen! Very well done and I hope you don't mind if I do a similar thing. Quick question, with your KWT particle separator, do you have any issue with the lid hitting the flex hose? I have the same setup on my Honda. Where did you order the box? I haven't been able to find it at the price you paid.
Sorry for the late reply. I just got in last night from being off the grid for 10 days riding the Talon and fishing. The box worked great and no dust or rain got in.

The lid opens without hitting the flex hose on the particle separator. I did have to remove the flag mount on the cage of my 1000R. I understand that is not necessary on a 1000X-4.

I ordered my box from Cycle Gear. I had a $20 off coupon and the guy at Cycle Gear gave me an additional 10% off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for the late reply. I just got in last night from being off the grid for 10 days riding the Talon and fishing. The box worked great and no dust or rain got in.

The lid opens without hitting the flex hose on the particle separator. I did have to remove the flag mount on the cage of my 1000R. I understand that is not necessary on a 1000X-4.

I ordered my box from Cycle Gear. I had a $20 off coupon and the guy at Cycle Gear gave me an additional 10% off.
Thanks for replying! I will go for it and install one of these boxes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
No, I'm not selling the plate. It's just 1/8" aluminum that I cut to match the bottom of the cargo box except the back side goes straight across, then drilled holes to match the oem bolt placements and put in four 1/4-20 rivet nuts.
How did you figure out how to drill the plat to match the stock mounting holes? did you use a spacer between the plate and bed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts