Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Repost this on Hondasxs.com
There’s a lot of knowledgeable people that know the pioneer 1000 platform. And there’s a lot of similarities between them on the drive train.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Talon 1000R
25 Posts
Pull the battery leads for a few mins to reset the ECM. Let us know if that works.

·
Registered
19 Posts
!st crank again this morning and every things back to normal. Still no idea of a reason for it. Scared to leave home with it with no reason for it happening. HELP.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Your dealer is the best choice. If there is a problem and you cleared it without fixing the underlying reason for the code it may come back again. Wish I had a better suggestion but the dealer is your best choice for now hope they can isolate the original problem and permanently fix it.

Did you clear the code or did it just vanish?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just disappeared again. came on on 1st crank on 3 different days. went away again this morning. Quick ride around the yard and still gone. might be back when i get home who knows. Typical dealer response. WE'RE BACKED UP AT LEAST 2 or 3 MONTHS. got ride of a polaris so i wouldnt have these kind of problems anymore.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Sorry Thunderchicken, an intermittent electrical problem is tough to trouble shoot. Any chance of taking it to another dealer?

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Good thought 1HasBeen, mine will do funny things if the battery is not fully charged. Thunderchicken, worth a trip to AutoZone to have them check it out. At least that would eliminate one possible cause.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you can use an old-school load tester, even better. More than once I had someone insist that O'Reilly, Autozone, etc. had checked their battery as OK with a fancy electronic tester, but it would fail on our conventional tester. Good opportunity to verify connection, too.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Good point 1HasBeen, if the battery will not hold the load it may show 13 volts but as soon as a load is placed on it -- drop like a rock. I would be so happy if that was Thunderchicken,s problem. No fun to sit and wait for the dealer and hope they have top quality mechanics. Thunderchicken we are all pulling for you!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Talon 1000R
25 Posts
i read on another page that someone had an issue with the grounding bolt coming loose and causing some of the same issues. did you check that?

·
Registered
81 Posts
in my opinion - since dealer is months away from looking at.......

-go over every electrical connector and connection - especially grounds

-check all ecm connectors and similar are tight

-if you have a buddy with a sxs - swap batteries for a couple of days and buy Em a case of beer

-take battery and get tested at autozone of somewhere similar

-go over connections at the battery specifically - i have worked on many machines that would shut off hot, run like crap, throw codes all day long because a battery connection came loose or was never really tight

i agree you paid for this to be taken care of but it is what it is - maybe you will stumble across a problem

1 - 20 of 22 Posts