Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I’ve read it but couldn’t find the post. Bought rigid d-ss pods and wonder what the hell im doing. I’m terrible with wiring. Needs a relay, switch, fuse or whatever?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ok should have opened the box first. I see it has a relay and fuse inline already. I do have a question about these lights though. I’m using two as rear lights and two for side scene lights. Didn’t come with long wires or switches. I’m ignorant AF please help. I’d guess having two separate switches, one for rear and one for sides.

looks like it might be easier to buy switch module like the rough country 6 gang deal. What do you guys say?

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ok should have opened the box first. I see it has a relay and fuse inline already. I do have a question about these lights though. I’m using two as rear lights and two for side scene lights. Didn’t come with long wires or switches. I’m ignorant AF please help. I’d guess having two separate switches, one for rear and one for sides.

looks like it might be easier to buy switch module like the rough country 6 gang deal. What do you guys say?
I'm assuming you have nothing aftermarket wired already?

If not, what I would do, is get the XTC key-on relay/bus bar for the Talon. Then a switch plate of some kind either for the center or left of the steering wheel.

This will hook up to the wires under the hood that are meant for the factory winch install and also the wire connected to the ACC circuit that is plugged into a blue dummy plug on the frame rail behind the splash guard under the hood. The positive winch wire terminates in the battery box and is just loose in there with blue tape covering the terminal. You then hook all your assessories with in-line fuses/relays/switches directly to the bus bar or you can set up a fuse/relay box and run from there.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok bought the rough country 8 gang switch. Can’t figure out the key on power though. I spliced the correct wire to the white/black stripe wire I had read about but still the power stays on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ok bought the rough country 8 gang switch. Can’t figure out the key on power though. I spliced the correct wire to the white/black stripe wire I had read about but still the power stays on.
The ACC/key-on wire under the hood would have to run to a relay then the hot power to the same relay Then the accessories run off of the wire out of the relay.

It appears that the Rough Country power controller uses a big 60amp relay for that purpose. It's likely you are not wired correctly into the relay.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So maybe the power wires are connected backwards on the 60A relay? Now the main power goes to one side and the other side to the fuse block. Should I try switching this? The ACC wire that came with the product has a connector which goes to the fuse block not the relay and then (following the directions) splice into the factory Honda ACC wire (white w/black stripe). Make sense of that description. Haha

·
Registered
78 Posts
So maybe the power wires are connected backwards on the 60A relay? Now the main power goes to one side and the other side to the fuse block. Should I try switching this? The ACC wire that came with the product has a connector which goes to the fuse block not the relay and then (following the directions) splice into the factory Honda ACC wire (white w/black stripe). Make sense of that description. Haha
I think what I thought was a relay is actually a circuit breaker. The relay is probably internal on the power controller part.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It’s all figured out and installed. The KC cyclones are perfect for rear scene/backup lights and the rigid d-ss pods are crazy bright. Couldn’t be happier. Oh the rear camera was great on the nighttime test drive. Guess I won’t need mirrors for now. Would like to try to figure out a way to mount some still but that will have to come after my hunts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts