Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new Talon a couple of days ago. Not a fan of seatbelts most of the time, so I’m going to install the bypass in the wiring harness under the drivers seat. While I had the wiring harness exposed under the seat, I found a red wire plug unplugged under the back of the seat base. It’s just under the rubber cover that has to be removed to get to the seatbelt bypass plug. The other end that it will plug into is mounted to the frame, but doesn’t appear to go anywhere. Does anyone know what it is? Should it be plugged in or not?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My guess it would be an auxiliary plug for an add on? Btw I too hated wearing seat belts. Couple years ago I actually rolled my can am coming around a turn doing about 40 and was flung out of the cab and into a tree. Luckily I still wore my helmet at the time. Ended up with a minor concussion, broken collar bone and bruised ribs. I’d advise you keep the belt on unless you plan on going down a flat dirt road doing 15 mph. Not that my advice matters lol just giving my opinion. Stay safe out there

1 - 2 of 2 Posts