Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today wiper install was going good, til we got to the electrical. I did not buy the optional switch plate w/wiring harness because I do not want it - not adding anything more, and like and use the cubby that it takes over. So.....is there any reason I cannot finish the install with the supplied wiring harness that came with the kit? Instructions say " Connect the switch to the large black connector on the wiring harness and connect the small black connector to an available two-pin connector on the switch harness." Is there an available two-pin connector already there and just cannot find? Somehow, thought Honda had one somewhere. It just seems the kit should be complete and ready to go - am I missing something here? Thanks for any help, want to get this done.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Today wiper install was going good, til we got to the electrical. I did not buy the optional switch plate w/wiring harness because I do not want it - not adding anything more, and like and use the cubby that it takes over. So.....is there any reason I cannot finish the install with the supplied wiring harness that came with the kit? Instructions say " Connect the switch to the large black connector on the wiring harness and connect the small black connector to an available two-pin connector on the switch harness." Is there an available two-pin connector already there and just cannot find? Somehow, thought Honda had one somewhere. It just seems the kit should be complete and ready to go - am I missing something here? Thanks for any help, want to get this done.....
I'm relatively new here myself, but since you haven't gotten any responses I'd suggest contact the seller or manufacturer. I'm finding so many purchased items coming without directions/pictures or minimal help. I ordered a shop manual that should arrive soon. I hope it helps me. I hate bothering the very helpful people on the forum so much. But when you are working on a project you may need to wait a day or 2 for the helpful response.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I think I will need to call Honda...I know they want me to purchase and use that switch plate, but I don't want to, believe there is another way. I have that manual, it is pretty detailed. Again, thank you, and welcome!

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
111 Posts
This may sound stupid but can you not throw it on a toggle? Mind you have no experience installing wipers but have installed a few electrical options on my talon. If it’s a simple off and on that seems possible. Intermittent maybe not so much. They instructions on a lot of these accessories can over simplify installation by 10 fold. I’m a keep it stupid simple kind of guy 😁

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
soooo, first of all thanks for the replies. It was certainly a perplexing issue and one of those that "it has to be right in front of me" and it was. Did try to use a different switch, but needed the two stage one for wiper and wash. Purchased a relay that ran from cig lighter, or whatever they call that these days. Long story short, it was a ground issue. Ugh! But glad to have it resolved. Pretty impressed with how well the wiper/washer works and looking forward to not having to lean out to wipe windshield! Thanks again, happy trails!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts