Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is he asking about the actual power cables that run to the battery or the switched power connector (for driving the winch contactor)? Obviously the battery power one is not fused. I would expect the control connector under the hood would be fused. I didn't use that one for my winch control circuit but used the power provided in the dash via the Honda Switch Plate option. BTW that power, provided by the Switch Plate kit, only has one fuse. A 50A fuse for its connection to battery. This is goofy so added an inline fuse to each of those power plugs behind the switch plate. I know others have discussed it on this forum how stupid this was for honda not to include individual fusing for each of these power connectors. Putting an automotive Bussman in-line fuse was my solution because everything fits behind the panel this way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was referring to the big wires taped under the dash that went back to the batter box. Thanks for the info I suspected they didn't have any kind of fuse inline.

·
Registered
76 Posts
if you put in a breaker, be sure to put it where you can reach it if it needs reset. Much easier by battery rather than under dash where wires come out plus probably best place for protection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts