Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just bought our 1st side x side with the Hope's of joining others on some rides. We have a 2021 Talon X but everyone else around us that has side x sides that said they would love for us to get one always has an excuse not to go when we do or goes and dont ask us. They all have either a Polaris or a Kawasaki. We are the only Talon. Wonder why we never get invited?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I joined a local club that does a few rides each month. We consistently get 50-80 machines per ride. I have the only Talon. At first people would just look it and not say anything. After a few rides guys started asking “how’s the transmission work in that”. Now after seeing many many others with broken belts and broke parts. Guys are commenting “that things just goes and doesn’t have problems” I always caution them and say “not yet” haha

Talon is the new guy on the block. Really doesn’t even have market share more then a few percent. Unlike that Razor that has been out 10 plus years. People are always afraid of new. They don’t know if it can keep up with the group.

Just keep inviting your friends to ride. Over time they will get to know you as the person that is always wanting to go. And will ask you everytime they go.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I saw four out last weekend, 2 4 seaters and 2 2 seaters...it was awesome. Right now they are hard to buy as Honda has fallen way behind due to manufacturing shutdowns, but more are coming. DSG is the New Deal in SxS!

·
Registered
12 Posts
All I can say is good luck! I’d invite you to ride with us, but we’re in Lake Havasu, AZ, might be a long commute!

·
Registered
39 Posts
LOL. Thank
We are also new Honda owners, 4SX, 2020, Keep it at our Baja Mexico House, We are also trying to get with others for rides as only one Razor in our town. It takes some net working and business cards to give out..

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
My wife and I just bought our 1st side x side with the Hope's of joining others on some rides. We have a 2021 Talon X but everyone else around us that has side x sides that said they would love for us to get one always has an excuse not to go when we do or goes and dont ask us. They all have either a Polaris or a Kawasaki. We are the only Talon. Wonder why we never get invited?
Hi The claw, it is hard getting to ride when you start out, just finding a location is the first task then getting to know and fit in with a group or three that loves to ride in that location. Just keep inviting them and ask at local dealers if they know of a location of bunch of individuals that like to ride. Just keep at it and you will fit in, just takes a while. Do remember what it is like when you run run into a someone new. :cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have found that most people in my area have Can Ams mainly because they go to Glamis. My Glamis days are well behind me. I'm a sticks, stones and dirt guy now.
That said, we have a small group heading out to Calico Aprl 23-25th. Always happy to meet new riding people.

·
Registered
5 Posts
All the people that have utvs in my area are mud pit riders, I am not .I enjoy riding trails & exploring as well as camping & usually ride by myself.Brand of machine shouldn't make any difference on who rides in a group.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Keep this in mind I have a 2014 Jeep with a 4" lift and we go to a lot of Jeep things and I bring My 2021 Talon and so does my friend and we spend so much time pulling Jeeps out of the mud and muck every single time after each pull out we go thru the same mud to show them how easy it is we have pulled out more jeeps and razors then anyone else I know

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jealousy! I have owned a bunch of SXS's, Can Am, Polaris and Kawasaki's I wouldn't trade my Honda Talon for any one of them. Honda makes a superior product, we all know that. If you live anywhere near Southeast Mo. you can ride with my club. Hold your head high buddy you did the right thing buying a Talon.

·
Registered
2021 1000X Live Valve
143 Posts
I don't see many Talons out on the trail, but they do fly off the dealers floor as quick as they come in. It will just take a while for Honda to replace those other brands as they age and break down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We go to the hatfield McCoy trails every year and we have taken people in the past and over half of them but their own machine for the following year and we just keep growing the group, it’s a blast and a very fun place to go, we are from kendallville Indiana so your drive there would be 2-3 hours shorter than ours

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.