Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I am the only one that has this problem, but at about 48 50 mpg the rubber push pins that hold the hood on pops loose. Trying to come up with a solution, anyone come up with a fix yet? I would like to install two more of the twist lock like at the top.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, lets just pretend i didn't post this, i must have skipped the part in the manual about hood removal and re installation 101.
Problem solved, it stays on real well if you put it on right.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had the same issue, then discovered I did not put it on correctly either. I'm glad someone else suffered the same problem, you know how misery loves company!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the issue and even read the manual. What am I doing wrong? I’ve pushed the pegs securely into the sockets and it still comes loose. I noticed it over the winter and figured maybe when it got warmer, there would be more friction and it would hold better.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have the issue and even read the manual. What am I doing wrong? I’ve pushed the pegs securely into the sockets and it still comes loose. I noticed it over the winter and figured maybe when it got warmer, there would be more friction and it would hold better.
You need to hook the front of the hood over the tabs in the middle of the grill.

·
Registered
191 Posts
the dope would be the one who doesn’t seek knowledge and loses the shiny talon hood on the intertstate

that’s what’s great about forums -ask, share and learn

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are 3 tabs on the front of the hood that need to stick in the slots with the hood standing straight up first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts