Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Magellan TRX GPS and cant seem to find a suitable place to mount it. Where is everyone mounting things inside their cars? Id hate to start putting holes in things only to find out that the plastic isn't strong enough. any thoughts? Pictures?

Registered
Boy did you ask a question. Opinions are like, you know the rest. I've seen some mounted In The middle, some from the roll bar above, and mine is on the passenger side. If you go alone alot and need to see the screen yourself I would say closer the better. I have a copilot (a.k.a. wife) and don't need to see the screen. With fast desert riding focus on the road is more important (to me). Ok so let's start the replies on how stupid I am馃榾. The mount is from ram mounts. I use an iPad. In the pics it's in portrait. When we are riding I rotate to landscape. Either way the copilot can see over it.

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not near my sled right now, I will post pictures when I am (few weeks). I have the same GPS and I use the ram mount system off the top front roll cage cross member. I then use the "RAM Composite Double Socket Swivel & Ratchet Arm" to get it high and back as far as possible. This keeps it out of my line of vision and covered by the roof, I love it.

Amazon.com: RAM ATV/UTV Ball Base for Rails up to 3.15" in Diameter

Amazon.com: RAM Composite Double Socket Swivel & Ratchet Arm: Automotive
That鈥檚 actually where I was thinking after exhausting all other options. I would love to see pictures when you can get them.

Registered
That鈥檚 actually where I was thinking after exhausting all other options. I would love to see pictures when you can get them.
I pulled some pics from my archive. Not great, but you get the idea. The first one shows the location on the upper roll cage bar. But that has the older, straight mount arm. The second one you can see the swivel arm from the front and how I made it a 90 degree towards the windshield and straight down the the ball on the back of the gps which pulls it back and creates a much better viewing angle. I ride alone a lot so this allows me to watch the GPS without impairing my view out the front.

Registered
Not sure what your GPS looks like but this is my Garmin Oregon 600 mounted with a RAM mount and sticky tape. It is on left of photo.

Registered
I have a Magellan TRX GPS and cant seem to find a suitable place to mount it. Where is everyone mounting things inside their cars? Id hate to start putting holes in things only to find out that the plastic isn't strong enough. any thoughts? Pictures?
I purchased a Lawrance GPS from PCI, Baja Racing. It same as my boat fish finder but altered for Desert racing, and Honda has a special mount off the passengers handle bar grab bar. Its perfect I great location to observe, trails, back up camera, plus a rearview camera of road while driving forward. I am very happy with my Lawrance GPS..My Honda Talon, 4 seater.
Tom San Diego, Ca

Registered
I thought long and hard about the perfect place to mount my gps. I finally concluded there is only on acceptable location, just like in our daily drivers.

btw, I tried using a waterproof Garmin gps. It works great on my street bike but was just too small and cumbersome to use on the Talon.

Registered

Registered
I use a Scosche magnetic mount attached to the flat plastic below the upper glove box. Works great for an Iphone size device and keeps it down out of any rain or flying objects.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts