Honda Talon Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 579
I'm running 33x10 on oem wheels with superatv control arms. No rubbing front or rear. Loving it.... especially on a x4 ...haven't high centered once now lol.
My concern is the change in how the vehicle rides after removing offset. Have you experienced traction loss through corners? What (besides having the same size tires all around) was your reasoning? I'm just curious, thanks

·
Registered
2020 Talon 1000x4
25 Posts
I didn't change offset. Just mounted the 33's on oem wheels. I didn't buy aftermarket wheels because I'd beat the heck out of them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sti has a good comp combination of wheels and tires. 30”x 10”x 14” 6+1 in front and 4+3 in rear for the offset.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My concern is the change in how the vehicle rides after removing offset. Have you experienced traction loss through corners? What (besides having the same size tires all around) was your reasoning? I'm just curious, thanks
You will be fine running the same offset wheels on all 4 corners. You want the front a little bit wider. It steers better that way. Back in my quad racin days, you always wanted to have the front wider by an inch or 2. If it was the same width, or narrower, it would nose over real bad going into the corner.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
You can always stick with the OEM wheel till you figure it out. No problem, with rubbing till you go over 32" and with mods you can go way big and still have factory offsets. Getting custom made wheels is another option. More options the better.

·
Registered
2020 Talon 1000x4
25 Posts
You can always stick with the OEM wheel till you figure it out. No problem, with rubbing till you go over 32" and with mods you can go way big and still have factory offsets. Getting custom made wheels is another option. More options the better.
Actually my 33's are 32" and I run 1.5" satv control arms with oem wheels and she still rubs compressed full driver. Now I do put my sxs in the harshest conditions possible. But yes she will rub lol.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
  1. Have you added tender springs adds a about 1 inch front and 1.2 inches in rear and there are several other options. Buy the way most tires are a bit smaller. Compare your 33s with 32 and you may find an inch my 35s are ....😀 Tires do vary a bit and tire pressure makes a difference.

·
Registered
2020 Talon 1000x4
25 Posts
  1. Have you added tender springs adds a about 1 inch front and 1.2 inches in rear and there are several other options. Buy the way most tires are a bit smaller. Compare your 33s with 32 and you may find an inch my 35s are ....😀 Tires do vary a bit and tire pressure makes a difference.
Haha... yes I added 2" in hight/lift before the control arms. Actually 2" in front and 1" in the rear. I had to take care of that 1/2 ton pickup rake as they come with lol. Id swear it handles better just like anything else being close to level rather than a forward rake.

But all jokes aside. My 33x10 measure 32" and only the left front rubs foot well when I have that corner compressed and turned to lock (I did not install steering lock/limiter either). So it's only extreme situations.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Drivers side is the closest what else have you done? Did you add pucks I managed to avoid them. Back to the original -- OEM wheels will work until a decision is made on aftermarket wheels and 32s would work for now and give ex a chance to figure out what he wants. My 35s are on OEM wheels. No worries, keep riding safe keep healthy.

:cool:

·
Registered
2020 Talon 1000x4
25 Posts
Drivers side is the closest what else have you done? Did you add pucks I managed to avoid them. Back to the original -- OEM wheels will work until a decision is made on aftermarket wheels and 32s would work for now and give ex a chance to figure out what he wants. My 35s are on OEM wheels. No worries, keep riding safe keep healthy.

:cool:
No pucks. Adjusted springs for lift. Added 33" Terra masters on oem wheels. And satv control arms. No spacers.

And yea 32's will work. Especially on oem wheels. Just stating that even with forward control arms they will rub. Buddy runs 32" carnivores which is a true 32" tire. No lift oem arms. And he rubs like crazy. Now we ride the heck outta our bikes...extreme angles..woods...rocks...jumps lol.

Heck ya...stay safe too 🤙 we riding until they lock me up haha

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Give SuperATV a call and they may be able to help. There are also many companies that support race teams that can help you. Riding hard does have its challenges. Keep riding and I hope you don't get locked up. Ride smart and be safe.🙂

·
Registered
7 Posts
What size wheels and tires are you all running? Looking at a set of beadlocks and new tread. What is out there?
I just put on Method 15x7 bead locks with with 5+2 back set and Tensor 32x10R15 Regulators on my 2019 R and they work great. I added 11/4 spacers in the back to align the wheels.
It's better in the whoops and it still crawls up the rocks with no problem.
This is yesterday south of Ocotillo.
IMG_2139.jpg

·
Premium Member
2020 Talon X
13 Posts
I put 30x10-20 tires and rims today but I will need to space out the back 2" on each side to match the front, I have 68" up front with 64" on back. Looks pretty good just will have to find the sweet spot on the air pressure. They are at 14psi now but I'll probably drop to about 8.
20200522_080250.jpg

61 - 80 of 88 Posts