Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size wheels and tires are you all running? Looking at a set of beadlocks and new tread. What is out there?

·
Registered
24 Posts
What size wheels and tires are you all running? Looking at a set of beadlocks and new tread. What is out there?
I am also looking for a tire and wheel combo. I’m looking for 30” or 32” radial tires and some beadlock wheels with some shine. All I have found is 15x7. No 15x8 that I have seen. The stock ones are 15x6.5 front and 15x8 rear. All the kits I have seen are 15x7 front and rear. I know I want 8 ply so they will handle punctures better than the 6 ply stockers. Maybe the manufactures haven’t caught up with the talon needs yet. I’m liking the Sedona rockabilly or the tusk aramid terrabite.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Ticster, did you get tires? I've heard good things about the terabytes. If you go to photos, Idiot posted photos of his R with air intake and terabytes on stock rims.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Ticster, did you get tires? I've heard good things about the terabytes. If you go to photos, Idiot posted photos of his R with air intake and terabytes on stock rims.
Yup! Got the terrabite 30x10-15 radials and put them on the Tusk beadlock. Once I get the roof rack finished up, I will post some “compete” pictures . Still trying to figure out how much air to run. Started about 15 pounds, went to 11, but haven’t drove it anywhere yet. Too much rain here in Oregon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Ticster, how wide are you with those wheels and tires? I'm worried my trailer (6x10) might not work. Right now I can't shut the ramp, Talon 10'4" My RZR just fits with fractof an inch on both sides 70" with 31x10.50 on method wheels.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Its even hard to find a 15 inch tire it seems. They all are 14
Fireman377, how do you like the 32's? Any problem with the low end? Like a couple other guys in the forum, I went with the Tusk Aramid Terrabite (Kevlar) Rocky Mountain ATV 30x10x 15. They have a 32" but I was worried it might be too tall. One went with Tusk wheels, one put them on stock rims, I am putting them on System 3 bead locks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts