Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size wheels and tires are you all running? Looking at a set of beadlocks and new tread. What is out there?

·
Registered
31 Posts
What size wheels and tires are you all running? Looking at a set of beadlocks and new tread. What is out there?
I am also looking for a tire and wheel combo. I’m looking for 30” or 32” radial tires and some beadlock wheels with some shine. All I have found is 15x7. No 15x8 that I have seen. The stock ones are 15x6.5 front and 15x8 rear. All the kits I have seen are 15x7 front and rear. I know I want 8 ply so they will handle punctures better than the 6 ply stockers. Maybe the manufactures haven’t caught up with the talon needs yet. I’m liking the Sedona rockabilly or the tusk aramid terrabite.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey Ticster, did you get tires? I've heard good things about the terabytes. If you go to photos, Idiot posted photos of his R with air intake and terabytes on stock rims.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Ticster, did you get tires? I've heard good things about the terabytes. If you go to photos, Idiot posted photos of his R with air intake and terabytes on stock rims.
Yup! Got the terrabite 30x10-15 radials and put them on the Tusk beadlock. Once I get the roof rack finished up, I will post some “compete” pictures . Still trying to figure out how much air to run. Started about 15 pounds, went to 11, but haven’t drove it anywhere yet. Too much rain here in Oregon.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey Ticster, how wide are you with those wheels and tires? I'm worried my trailer (6x10) might not work. Right now I can't shut the ramp, Talon 10'4" My RZR just fits with fractof an inch on both sides 70" with 31x10.50 on method wheels.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Its even hard to find a 15 inch tire it seems. They all are 14
Fireman377, how do you like the 32's? Any problem with the low end? Like a couple other guys in the forum, I went with the Tusk Aramid Terrabite (Kevlar) Rocky Mountain ATV 30x10x 15. They have a 32" but I was worried it might be too tall. One went with Tusk wheels, one put them on stock rims, I am putting them on System 3 bead locks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any one running 32” on a Talon X? Will they fit? What offset did you use ?
Looking at 7” rim with 5/2 and 3/40ffsets

·
Registered
25 Posts
Normally, I run beadlocks...~ however, for this set up, I went with the new Method 409's with the new Bead Grip retention. The weight is amazing like around 12 pounds. I also ran 31" Terra Masters (10ply) because of the weight (less than 37 pounds). The 31" Kanati TerraMasters perform very well in Moab which is primarily our riding area, and give a superior handling in faster speeds than 32" tires. Here are some picts:

IMG_4609.jpg
IMG_4733.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Normally, I run beadlocks...~ however, for this set up, I went with the new Method 409's with the new Bead Grip retention. The weight is amazing like around 12 pounds. I also ran 31" Terra Masters (10ply) because of the weight (less than 37 pounds). The 31" Kanati TerraMasters perform very well in Moab which is primarily our riding area, and give a superior handling in faster speeds than 32" tires. Here are some picts:

View attachment 218 View attachment 220 View attachment 221 View attachment 223
A single review on Rocky Mountain ATV says the 15x7 weights 12 lbs. An article on UTVguide.net says the 14x7 weights 14.2 lbs. Method does not list it. I wish there was a way to tell the actual weight before buying. If they weigh 14.2 lbs, I'm not sure the difference is enough to not get bead locks (for me, at least). I do want to keep overall weight down, though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A single review on Rocky Mountain ATV says the 15x7 weights 12 lbs. An article on UTVguide.net says the 14x7 weights 14.2 lbs. Method does not list it. I wish there was a way to tell the actual weight before buying. If they weigh 14.2 lbs, I'm not sure the difference is enough to not get bead locks (for me, at least). I do want to keep overall weight down, though.
I did not weigh mine at the time, but they seemed very light mounting them. I can say THAT I did weigh a set of Racelines, 17lbs, with this same tire set up, and the Methods feel far more agile and nimble in sand and tight trails. I could tell a big difference driving them. If weight is your main issue, I highly recommend OMF wheels. They can get you a set of beadlocks under that 14 pound range.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts