Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought my new Talon X2 LV home on Friday. Haven't had the chance to take it out yet since we have to travel miles of road to get to a trail and our roads are covered with road salt... not something I want to subject my new ride to. The lake I'm on will be safe shortly, so I can get out on it in a week or two. In the meantime, I have been going over the machine and noticed the front compartment under the front hood, and around the engine in the rear are very open to the wheels/tires. Seems like there should be more covers or panels to prevent mud from spraying up into these areas. Do you guys do anything to help with this, or are there companies that make something for this?
Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Brought my new Talon X2 LV home on Friday. Haven't had the chance to take it out yet since we have to travel miles of road to get to a trail and our roads are covered with road salt... not something I want to subject my new ride to. The lake I'm on will be safe shortly, so I can get out on it in a week or two. In the meantime, I have been going over the machine and noticed the front compartment under the front hood, and around the engine in the rear are very open to the wheels/tires. Seems like there should be more covers or panels to prevent mud from spraying up into these areas. Do you guys do anything to help with this, or are there companies that make something for this?
Thanks

I installed MudBusters. The ones I installed are for an "R" model even though I have an "X" LV. I did have to cut around the rear LV solenoids so the plastic didn't hit them. The reason I went with the "R" instead of the "X" is they are larger and give more coverage.

There is another brand out there also. I believe they are called RocksBloks. I'm sure someone else will chime in. Just my 2cents.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Tire Car Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help and for the pics. Nice machines.
What have you done with the holes in the floor boards? My Yamy had rubber plugs in them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mud Busters makes a heavy duty plastic version of this as well for the rear fenders. Look up DEI heat kit for the cover that goes accross the firewall area, helps to block heat and comes with 2 pieces for the front and a stick on piece for the rear.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
86 Posts
Awesome! Hey, was looking through your photos. 2 questions: What mirrors and mounts are you using? What fender flares do you have? They look much better than the RokBlokz. More coverage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for your help and for the pics. Nice machines.
What have you done with the holes in the floor boards? My Yamy had rubber plugs in them.
Hi, I also used the MudBuster fender flares and mudguards. I have an X and went with the smaller X fender flares because I ride narrow trails in AZ.

I left the holes in the floor boards to help with drainage when the machine is washed. I covered the holes under the seats with Flex tape (bought at Home Depot). Lastly, I covered the opening under the hood at the passenger side firewall with a light gauge rubber and push rivets.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry no covers no mud buster or rocblocks to me it's a off road dirt sand mud or rocks can go anywhere it wants its going to anyways I just rinse it and use it mine is over a year old and it looks ok to me View attachment 3266 View attachment 3267
I doubt I'd be worried much either if I only rode in sand. Mud is that wet dirt stuff that sticks to everything. Nevermind...if I have to explain it....

·
Registered
2021 Talon1000x-4
9 Posts
Thanks
Just cause the picture is a trip to the dunes doesn't mean thats the only place we go
So I guess you should explain it to whomever will listen
This will be my last post I no longer need to be here with forum trolls hope you all get stuck in the mud
I put on these mud guards and rokblokz.

Camouflage Automotive tire Military camouflage Tire Tread

Car Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Car

talon-1000x-parts/products/2019-2020-honda-talon-1000r-1000x-mud-guard-dust-shield

1 - 12 of 12 Posts