Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 talon r
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have movement in my rear wheels bearings . My front wheel bearings are completly tight . I had one rear bearing replaced due to excessive play at 1700 miles and 225 miles later it's getting lose , not as bad as when they replaced it but now both rear wheels have play . When you lift up on the rear wheels by hand while it's jacked up it moves appx. 1/4 ". I was wondering if anyone else had this issue , and also if there is a spec as to how much movement is in considered ok. The machine drives good and makes no noise .

·
Registered
2020 talon r
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Honda will use ther own parts. If you supply part they will not pay to install and issues in the future will be harder to get warranty. They take pictures and asked many questions .

·
Registered
246 Posts
Typically it will just get exponentially worse. I don’t have the manual but 1/4” is IMO “time to replace”.

Just some questions;

-OEM bearings? We’re they greased even when new.
-Axle nut torqued correctly?
-Running-in lots of mud?
-Running larger tires?
-Running different off set wheels?
-Running wheel spacers in the rear?
-Maintenance grease interval on bearings?

·
Registered
2020 talon r
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Honda owns this machine for the next 4 1/2 years. As I stated all is stock which would anserw most of 19psu88 questions. No maintenance schedule for greasing bearings, and 1700 miles would be too soon any how. As stated I'm in no water, so it follows no mud .I have a manuel , and not trying to just guess at what is the specs for these bearings . I was hoping if someone had this info that was quoteable to honda service dept. No one seems to know at honda. I have always done all my own work, but will never ruin my warranty. Machine runs and drives great , and trying to do preventive work so as not to be stranded some where. I've called other dealers and they seem to not have the info either. I spoke with race teams who say they never grease bearings as you can over grease which adds heat to the bearing , same as putting too much oil in diff. can add heat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts