Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my talon used (34 miles) and it already had custom wheels and oversized tires. The previous owner had the wheels powder coated a shade of what I would call slime green. Not close at all to the factory pearl krypton green. I dismounted the tires , sent the wheels out for blasting and off to my powder coat guy to refinish in satin black. While the wheels are out for powder , I refinished the bead lock rings in the correct shade of krypton green. GY153P Is the OE code for this color, but neither my basf or ppg mix bank at the shop could produce a formula. I started with mopar sublime green Metallic and bench tinted from there. Super happy with the results. Tomorrow I will source anodized black bolts for the rings and hopefully have them mounted back up for pics ! Lmk what you all think

-Mitch.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I purchased my talon used (34 miles) and it already had custom wheels and oversized tires. The previous owner had the wheels powder coated a shade of what I would call slime green. Not close at all to the factory pearl krypton green. I dismounted the tires , sent the wheels out for blasting and off to my powder coat guy to refinish in satin black. While the wheels are out for powder , I refinished the bead lock rings in the correct shade of krypton green. GY153P Is the OE code for this color, but neither my basf or ppg mix bank at the shop could produce a formula. I started with mopar sublime green Metallic and bench tinted from there. Super happy with the results. Tomorrow I will source anodized black bolts for the rings and hopefully have them mounted back up for pics ! Lmk what you all think
-Mitch.
From the pics, that is a VERY good match. Did you save the "formula"?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts