Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
What do you clean the Super ATV split windshield with? We recently got one, trying to pamper it & repel the dust.
I recommend Plexus cleaner. I use it on aircraft plexiglass windows too. It also is a good wax for your painted plastic on the Talon. Never clean in a circular motion. Always clean up and down. If you do this you can avoid swirls that effect your vision driving into the sun. When your windshield is very dusty, spray on plexus and very lightly wipe down to get the bulk off. Then respray and use the clean side of the microfiber cloth the wipe again and then polish in a up and down motion. It's cheaper from motorcycle superstore than at amazon. Get the 13 ounce size.

·
Vendor
259 Posts
I always liked Pledge furniture polish. That's what I use. Spray, wipe with microfiber, and repeat a few times. Works pretty well at making water roll off and repelling dust. A swiffer duster also works pretty darn good if you're getting dusty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had full and half windshields on other machines but I have a flip Windshield on my talon and absolutely love it. You can ride with it open and get a nice breeze, or ride with it only opened a few inches and still let’s a breeze in but does a good job keeping the dust out. Or ride with it all the way closed if it’s really dusty or cold out.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
156 Posts
Yes I too have the flip up three position SuperATV windshield. I bought I manual wiper, but haven't installed it yet for those summer thunderstorms. You get the best of all worlds, and can open it, open to vent position or close it all from the drivers seat while moving. Other styles you have to get out to strap it down. You can remove the upper if you want also.

Dave, That's a great shot of a Mountain Sheep. Where was it taken?

View attachment 881

View attachment 882

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
83 Posts
684E896E-4793-48B3-AB43-3574AC7219D8.jpeg
The full is the only way to go IMO. Had a half and it didn’t absorb the air flow like I wanted. Didn’t have it on long enough to hit the trails.Wiped it off once with a microfiber rag and you can see the light scratches. There is no scratch resistant plexi.The vents on the superATV DOT full glass windshield are awesome.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Dirt warriors glass with lower vents. Plastic won’t last. Flip up ones in my opinion look stupid when they are open.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys , doesn’t the split windshield distort your view? I like the idea of open and closed but line of sight is pretty important to me. Shorter people (wife) it would distort more of there view then a taller person. I’m looking at the EMP vented glass or the split. I seen one guy mentioning exactly that distortion with the split and wondered if people with the EMP vented are liking it? Does it allow good air flow when vents are removed? Thanks for any input Stay frosty.
We have this windshield and love it

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I did have a half windshield for a while and my short wife didn’t like it because the top edge was right in her eye sight. It was right where the plastic split window was at. Having lower vents below the glass window is nice, if you look at the dirt warrior ones, the vent opens out and acts like air scoop, which brings in a lot more air than just a vent hole that’s flush

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
156 Posts
View attachment 2367 View attachment 2367 The full is the only way to go IMO. Had a half and it didn’t absorb the air flow like I wanted. Didn’t have it on long enough to hit the trails.Wiped it off once with a microfiber rag and you can see the light scratches. There is no scratch resistant plexi.The vents on the superATV DOT full glass windshield are awesome.
Where did you get the hood decal? I really like it !!

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
83 Posts
I got them on EBay from the Vinyl Creator. He was awesome. The first one got damaged in shipping no fault of his and he resent me new ones at no charge .

21 - 37 of 37 Posts