Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. Not sure what to go with. Getting ready to make the deal today. We've been out in rain and it can be blinding. I was thinking glass windshield with wiper kit?? Not sure? Or half, so if it does rain and get muddy you can reach over and wipe. Will the glass standup?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yes I too have the flip up three position SuperATV windshield. I bought I manual wiper, but haven't installed it yet for those summer thunderstorms. You get the best of all worlds, and can open it, open to vent position or close it all from the drivers seat while moving. Other styles you have to get out to strap it down. You can remove the upper if you want also.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I always thought a glass windshield would be nice but keep it in mind in the summertime it gets awful hot in Talon

·
Registered
257 Posts
I always thought a glass windshield would be nice but keep it in mind in the summertime it gets awful hot in Talon
Glass are nice, they don't build up static electricity which causes dust to collect on plexiglass windshields. I use plexus, and am very careful not to scratch the plexiglass.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the single windshield no vent. I've been taking it on and off when it gets hot but I really like that flip windshield that Super ATV sales. Once I seen how well-made they were I regret my purchase of just buying a single.

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
68 Posts
Hey guys , doesn’t the split windshield distort your view? I like the idea of open and closed but line of sight is pretty important to me. Shorter people (wife) it would distort more of there view then a taller person. I’m looking at the EMP vented glass or the split. I seen one guy mentioning exactly that distortion with the split and wondered if people with the EMP vented are liking it? Does it allow good air flow when vents are removed? Thanks for any input Stay frosty.

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
68 Posts
Hey Old Fart, I have yet to choose the split window so it’s not a issue yet. But can only imagine how the wife would feel about a booster seat haha. Even at 6’1 I would not be exempt from this distortion ( bends in windshield). I would love to have the option to flip open and shut but not of the expense of a good view before I roll it 🙀.

·
Registered
73 Posts
do a search for Scottymac Yamaha YXZ Plexy flip up windshield. He had to do a little modifying, but it can be full closed, open about 3" tip out at bottom, or flipped clear over on the roof. I had one on my old YXZ and worked well. I have the split now and personally wish I had gone his way because of distortion.

Only caviot I will add is, if you turn up a hill into the sunshine with dust on windshield, it is nice to be able to just reach up and open the split fully to get the sun glare off windshield. With the Yamaha, you would have to stop to flip over roof

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Super ATV split windshield and I like it a lot!! Easy to vent or open it up fully. Keep it closed when raining!)
What do you clean the Super ATV split windshield with? We recently got one, trying to pamper it & repel the dust.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
93 Posts
Installed the empi full vented windshield. Very pleased with it.
Super ATV's tilt windshield is a great one to go with. I have had others on my past UTV's, and I have been the happiest with this one. It has the flexibility of a partial open for venting, completely open, or totally closed. It can also be used by removing the upper portion while retaining the lower, which is similar to having a half windshield (it is not as tall as a half, but still acts as a partial windshield). In my estimation and experience, it is the way to go.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts