Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey brothers, so I pulled this thing off and installed a kwt 2 today and want your thoughts behind this. I can not make out what purpose these extra air tanks apply to the air flow. Is the intake this poorly designed or is this awesome and in the wrong location? No wrong answers but this is the stock intake system on your machine if you know it or not.

·
Premium Member
2020 Honda Talon 1000R
10 Posts
My guess is they designed it that way to reduce intake noise. How did the installation go? I think the KWT is a good choice, planning on getting one soon.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This has been discussed before. It apparently has something to do with silencing the intake noise. Look around and you will find the post by another member with the technical terms. I wish Honda would have put less effort into intake noise reduction and more effort into putting the intake somewhere where it didn't such the dirtiest air possible. Horrendous fail by Honda on this one.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Hey brothers, so I pulled this thing off and installed a kwt 2 today and want your thoughts behind this. I can not make out what purpose these extra air tanks apply to the air flow. Is the intake this poorly designed or is this awesome and in the wrong location? No wrong answers but this is the stock intake system on your machine if you know it or not.
No worries, when I pulled mine out I thought the same thing. Not sure they do much but aimed at noise reduction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts