Honda Talon Forum banner

What Are You Buying: Talon 1000R or Talon 1000X?

• 1000R

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • 1000X

Votes: 25 69.4%

• Total voters
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am looking to purchase a Talon but am unsure about the X or the R. Watched several videos on both. I live in So Cal but am not a speed freak. I am hearing the R is not as good on trails at lower speeds? I like to go fast when I feel safe. I am very cautious driver, maybe due to my age. The X seems like it might be better for me but I want smoothest ride I can get. It Sounds like the X is more maneuverable at low speeds? As you can tell I’m torn between the two.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went down this same road trying to make a decision between the 2. IMHO if you trail ride and do not do a lot of high speed running. whoops, and dunes get the X and save some money. My problem was I really liked the red color scheme on the R but did not like the red X. So I settled for a blue X.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I posted earlier I was buying the X, but kept researching, and chose a gen 2 2020 YXZ1000R SS SE. Couldn't drive the Honda, like I did the YXZ & KRX1000, but it was obviously a well built machine from what I saw in the show room. There are some great choices for sport SxSs these days...great time to be alive :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I posted earlier I was buying the X, but kept researching, and chose a gen 2 2020 YXZ1000R SS SE. Couldn't drive the Honda, like I did the YXZ & KRX1000, but it was obviously a well built machine from what I saw in the show room. There are some great choices for sport SxSs these days...great time to be alive :)
That was my second choice too. One heck of an engine comes over from their turbo snowmobile line. You can easily make 300 WHP if you chose to go forced induction. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm torn between all machines right now lol. I was looking at the Yamaha big time, but now I'm leaning Talon. It was R now torn between R and X. What made you choose the YXZ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm torn between all machines right now lol. I was looking at the Yamaha big time, but now I'm leaning Talon. It was R now torn between R and X. What made you choose the YXZ?
I have both a YXZ and Talon X. They are both awesome machines but if I had to choose one it would be the Talon. Fun factor is really high and equal on both when pushing it hard but the ability to be lazy in auto at times and have low makes the Talon the best option for me if I had to have 1!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2020 R $18,000 out the door, riding east coast. Yamaha would have been second choice but not for that price

·
Registered
1 Posts
Biggest complaint I’ve heard about the Yamahas, and the reason I went Honda, is that the Yamahas don’t have a semi auto mode. I know a few people that have them and they aren’t fans of always having to shift. Makes them feel like they are always in a race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Now that all the details have dropped on both models (which aren't far off from eachother) what is your level of fun factor directing you to, the 1000R or 1000X? Starting this thread off, after watching initial reviews the 1000x look good enough to me, and upfitting is possible if it comes down to that.

Let see where we stand as a community...

Bought the X4

Attachments

21 - 32 of 32 Posts