Honda Talon Forum banner

What Are You Buying: Talon 1000R or Talon 1000X?

• 1000R

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • 1000X

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that all the details have dropped on both models (which aren't far off from eachother) what is your level of fun factor directing you to, the 1000R or 1000X? Starting this thread off, after watching initial reviews the 1000x look good enough to me, and upfitting is possible if it comes down to that.

Let see where we stand as a community...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm leaning towards the X as well, for the sole fact that it will be move maneuverable through the trails. Don't see the need to spend more for a wider track and slightly tweaked suspension.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm leaning towards the X as well, for the sole fact that it will be move maneuverable through the trails. Don't see the need to spend more for a wider track and slightly tweaked suspension.
Likewise. There are certain hardcore enthusiasts that use these to an extreme extent, climbing up steep inclines and so on but for the trails around my cottage, hunting zones and a property we have, the X is like an R to me already

·
Registered
65 Posts
Going to have to wait and see what official pricing is like. I would be interested in the R if it could be bought for less than $20k all in.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going to have to wait and see what official pricing is like. I would be interested in the R if it could be bought for less than $20k all in.
I believe there is space for a Talon 700 or even 500 if Honda can justify it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The new RZR 570 looks okay, but its only a few grand more to get something that's nearly twice as powerful. Don't know if its worth the additional development costs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Going with a X. Here in Wisconsin you can only register the R for use on private land. It's to wide for trails. 65 inch max and don't see it changing. Honda of Canada didn't even bring any R's to Canada for selling.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a talon X and love it.Much better then the rzr Xperia’s-1000 ,I traded in for the Talon X.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Edward
Honda Talon Forum
The largest Honda Talon forum including the 1000X, 1000R, 1000X-4, and FOX Valve. Honda's latest ATV, UTV and side-by-side.
Full Forum Listing