Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to install Fuel Grippers tomorrow. They seem to be solid tires from what I have read?? They have 30's and 32's in stock. I want the 32's for better clearance however I do not want to rub.... Should I stick with 30's, or search for 31" tires, or good to go with 32's? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I personally love my Talon X on 32's. I started out with 30s and they were fine but I do like the ground clearance and extra tire of the 32's. I have a rims with a +38 offset with 1.5 spacers in the rear to even out the track width again. I very rarely rub and wear it rubs is not a big deal at all to me. I would not give up the 32s for the slight rubbing. At least that is my experience.

IMG_20200904_170407.jpg

·
Registered
2020 1000X-4
22 Posts
I am planning to install Fuel Grippers tomorrow. They seem to be solid tires from what I have read?? They have 30's and 32's in stock. I want the 32's for better clearance however I do not want to rub.... Should I stick with 30's, or search for 31" tires, or good to go with 32's? Thanks for the help!

View attachment 1540
I have the 4 seater as well with 32” which I highly recommend as well. I did the same offset wheel all the way around with the 1.5” spacers is the rear. I did get rubbing when turning hard down hills, so I bought and installed the 1.5” offset A-Arms from superatv. Even without the A-Arms it wasn’t a deal breaker for 32”s. I have bead locks so I air down to 10-12PSI and the ride is much softer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I personally love my Talon X on 32's. I started out with 30s and they were fine but I do like the ground clearance and extra tire of the 32's. I have a rims with a +38 offset with 1.5 spacers in the rear to even out the track width again. I very rarely rub and wear it rubs is not a big deal at all to me. I would not give up the 32s for the slight rubbing. At least that is my experience.

View attachment 1547
I have a blue one also and I love the look of those wheels and tires. Could you give me more details on where you got them? I'd like to buy the same setup for mine. Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a blue one also and I love the look of those wheels and tires. Could you give me more details on where you got them? I'd like to buy the same setup for mine. Thanks
I got them from PlantSxS.com and had a great experience with them!! They are System 3 SB-5 15x7 in a 5+2 (+38) offset. The tires are GBC Terra Masters 32x10x15. I am running 1.5-in spacers on the back. Overall weight is 56 lb, with the tire weighing 39ish and the rim at 17 lb. I am right at 66.5 to 67 in wide. I consider this a pretty lightweight setup and it handles and corners extremely well. I ride Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia trails mostly. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got them from PlantSxS.com and had a great experience with them!! They are System 3 SB-5 15x7 in a 5+2 (+38) offset. The tires are GBC Terra Masters 32x10x15. I am running 1.5-in spacers on the back. Overall weight is 56 lb, with the tire weighing 39ish and the rim at 17 lb. I am right at 66.5 to 67 in wide. I consider this a pretty lightweight setup and it handles and corners extremely well. I ride Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia trails mostly. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!
Thanks, have you ridden Windrock much? If so, what are your thoughts? I'm in Arkansas and have been thinking about taking a trip over there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks, have you ridden Windrock much? If so, what are your thoughts? I'm in Arkansas and have been thinking about taking a trip over there.
I have not ridden Windrock yet. I have been to Brimstone, Royal blue, and Tackett Creek a decent amount. Next year I plan on buying a year pass to windrock and spending most of my trips to Tennessee there in 2021. I am very interested to spend some time at that park and see all the awesome things I hear about it.. The other three places I've gone to in Tennessee have been an absolute blast every time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts