Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m wanting to look into charging my new 2022 talon x4 and I have heard good and bad things about all these turbos so I just want some real life experience from people running them?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’m wanting to look into charging my new 2022 talon x4 and I have heard good and bad things about all these turbos so I just want some real life experience from people running them?
I have about 1,000 miles on my 2021 Talon R with the Jackson Racing Turbo kit. All of it was in the Glamis sand dunes with paddle tires. I came from a very fast sand car so I drive the Talon at WOT quiet a lot. No issues. I think they are also working on a stage 2 kit that will add more hp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have around 700 miles on my Jackson Racing Turbo kit on my 2019 X. I do lots of Northeast riding, slow rock crawling, mud with a fair share of higher speed logging roads - turbo is great, zero issues. I wore out my center driveshaft u joints but that is not a turbo issue, put new aftermarket ones in with welded caps and problem solved.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i currently have the jackson setup with ppei tune. im sure both have there good points and bad. i like the aftercooler on the kraft. but im not racing so its not as much as a concern for me. but witch ever one you pick im sure it will work great. do your full research on both for what they send you and what else you need to buy. i for one got the jackson kit when it first hit the shelves. and it was super easy to install. took alot of time but was easy and every thing fit perfect. and did not have to modify anything. i wish i had a second machine so i could do a kraftworks just to see the differences first hand.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2020 x4 FLV with several mods. It has the Kraftwerk’s turbo kit, BC Internals & a few other changes. Recently had PPEI put it on the Dyno and tune it. It is now a 190hp Monster.
The Kraftwerks kit is easy to install, directions are great and plenty of YouTube videos if you have questions during your installation. The Kraftwerk’s kit gives you so much more ability to adapt it for your needs. Obviously at 190hp it’s not a stock kit. But the change I made was very subtle and easy. I haven’t had any issues with it. And Jason at Kraftwerk’s is there for you if you have any questions. Jackson isn’t doing that!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
MDFMac,
I am concerned about the Sub-Transmission and the kind of power we’re pushing. WHEN I break mine I think I’ll check Cryo-heat out. I’ve seen a few videos on their products. Hopefully I’ll see a few post in here on their product by then. Also see if they have a different ratio for the high gear final drive. 1st few gears just doesn’t seem to last very long when you get on it. Seems like you go from 1st gear to 4th gear in a blink of the eye.

·
Registered
19 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts