Honda Talon Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
also it has to have at least a 7' minimum height on the door my door is 8' high and works great with the R and X Both Live Valve 2021 with 34" tires on the R

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 6x12 trailer, worked fine with the stock tires and wheels. Problem is l went to 5-2 offset wheels with 32x10x15 tires. I'm now 72" wide, rubbing the rails on both sides to load. Something to think about if you plan on changing wheels and tires.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
I can drive this trailer with R + rated tries over 100mph
And its off to the trailer races … I will pass that sport up and stick with playing with the Talon. 🐔 Just us chickens on the sidelines. Do have fun and be safe on the way to your favorite riding spot!;)

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
169 Posts
What are you finding best size of trailer is for hauling the talon r. Will a 7 foot wide trailer work well or do people prefer a little wider trailer
I use a 7 x 14' because that allows me to be able to get in and out with the short sides on the trailer (it's tight, but a can do). The added length allows me to carry items that I need for dry camping, such as fire wood, Gas Cans, Water Cans, etc. Works very well for me.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Talon X
63 Posts
Talon seems to be a difficult machine to tow. Have towed RZR's and quads 10's of thousands of miles, I have a 11' deck over trailer specifically to haul two quads or a side by side, usually rock solid, but loaded the Talon front ways and had brutal trailer sway and zero tongue weight, flipped it around and it's a bit better but still lots of sway and doesn't feel very stable. Not sure what the hell i'm doing wrong... Towed a fullsize ranger (same size and weight) and a rzr 1k many miles on trailer without any issues.

·
Registered
170 Posts
We just got back from a 4,200 mile round trip from PA to SD, WY, and CO and back to PA. We did everything from highway to forest service roads.. I had zero issues towing. The Vulcan wheel and tire straps for the talon were rock solid and I'd highly recommend them. I didn't have to adjust the straps at all during the trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Talon seems to be a difficult machine to tow. Have towed RZR's and quads 10's of thousands of miles, I have a 11' deck over trailer specifically to haul two quads or a side by side, usually rock solid, but loaded the Talon front ways and had brutal trailer sway and zero tongue weight, flipped it around and it's a bit better but still lots of sway and doesn't feel very stable. Not sure what the hell i'm doing wrong... Towed a fullsize ranger (same size and weight) and a rzr 1k many miles on trailer without any issues.
I was concerned that maybe I would have to turn mine backwards to get enough tongue weight too, but that wasn't the case. A problem I see with turning it backwards is the angle of the roof. It would definitely scoop a lot of air. During a long trip maybe it would be detrimental to the roof or cause the trailer to sway at high speed.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was concerned that maybe I would have to turn mine backwards to get enough tongue weight too, but that wasn't the case. A problem I see with turning it backwards is the angle of the roof. It would definitely scoop a lot of air. During a long trip maybe it would be detrimental to the roof or cause the trailer to sway at high speed.
I have a single axle trailer and it is much more sensitive to tongue weight than one with a dual axle. I have towed mine at all speeds for too many miles to mention behind my Jeep, pickup and motorhome. There is no problem whatsoever with wind or anything else. The Talon has no problems being towed backwards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a single axle trailer and it is much more sensitive to tongue weight than one with a dual axle. I have towed mine at all speeds for too many miles to mention behind my Jeep, pickup and motorhome. There is no problem whatsoever with wind or anything else. The Talon has no problems being towed backwards.

This is how I’ve towed mine for thousands of miles at highway speeds with no problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Talon X
63 Posts
I ended up buying a 14' trailer that solved the problem.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts