Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You are correct, it is built for the roughest terrain with more off road capability than a Jeep without getting thrashed around inside. There is a saying..."The only time you'll see a Range Rover on a trail is if it is at least 10 years old" which is true in my case as well. Mine is 13 years old and has seen more rocks, trails and mud than you can imagine but it cleans up GREAT. I have yet to see another one in the back country.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should also say, the RR can go anywhere my Honda Talon can go except narrow trails. I also climbs steeper hills than the Talon. Think Jeep Rubicon drive train but with with a 435HP supercharged V8.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nice looking trailer! It looks like you are tying your ramps to the trailer so they don't shoot off when you are running your Talon up on the trailer, that is a good move! YouTube is full of videos of people who don't tie their ramps to their trailers when loading, it makes for interesting viewing! And your tow vehicle looks good too, it's nice to keep them clean if you live in an area where it is more dry then wet and more sandy then muddy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice looking trailer! It looks like you are tying your ramps to the trailer so they don't shoot off when you are running your Talon up on the trailer, that is a good move! YouTube is full of videos of people who don't tie their ramps to their trailers when loading, it makes for interesting viewing! And your tow vehicle looks good too, it's nice to keep them clean if you live in an area where it is more dry then wet and more sandy then muddy!
Fortunately, the ramps included the 2 straps with a hook to connect to the trailer. So added a couple of D rings to the under side of the trailer for attachment points.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need to get that Rover out and use it for what it was designed for! There’s prolly a very small number of Range Rovers that ever get off of the pavement and see a gravel road. Prolly none that use 4 wheel drive for anything but icy pavement. Almost all of them look like yours.
You are correct, it is built for the roughest terrain with more off road capability than a Jeep without getting thrashed around inside. There is a saying..."The only time you'll see a Range Rover on a trail is if it is at least 10 years old" which is true in my case as well. Mine is 13 years old and has seen more rocks, trails and mud than you can imagine but it cleans up GREAT. I have yet to see another one in the back country.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts