Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trail tank makes an aftermarket composite fuel tank that drops into the stock location no problem. This tank is $400 before shipping and taxes (I paid about $480 shipped). It came in quickly and is built really well. Installation was relatively easy and required no modifications to the UTV at all. Trail tank will use the stock fuel pump and mount locations. Due to the tank being larger and utilizing all the space available to maximize capacity, it was a tight fit. Still, getting into it's location was the most difficult part, and that wasn't very hard. I took my time doing this and I spent less than 5 minutes slowly rotating it into place before running bolts in. If you're looking for higher fuel capacity, this is it. There are other brands that make aftermarket fuel tanks for the Talon, but for the same price, and lower fuel capacity. Trail tank takes the cake. I didn't take any photos of the install or of the tank unfortunately. I was in a rush to get it in and as soon as I opened the box started dropping it in place. It is a "clear" tank, but that doesn't matter for us unless you're looking from the back of the UTV where you can see the side lower section of the tank below the plastics of the cab. The instructions were written well, and it took me about 4 hours to get the old one removed, pump swapped, and the Trail Tank installed and filled up. I had one question for the vendor and called the number of the website and the gentlemen I spoke too was very helpful and didn't mind holding a conversation with me at all. So customer service gets a 5 star also. Trail Tank

·
Registered
131 Posts
I also purchased a Trail Tank (10.0 gallon unit for a 21 RLV) to pre-run the Baja 1000. Trail tank is a great company, with great support, good instructions, and quick shipping. The tank is very high quality and installs easily once you get the rivets, plastic and original tank removed. The hardest part, at least on the 2-seater, is getting the original tank removed from under the seat because the stock lower mounts are part of the tank. Trail Tank greatly improved the situation by using removable bottom mounts. I would definitely give Trail Tank a 5-star rating as well.

Attached is a picture of how I was able to solve getting the stock tank out with a ratchet strap:
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Hood Blue

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.