Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a toy hauler with a garage that is large enough to handle the Talon? Everything i look at only has a 10' garage. I didn't want a C class motorhome with enclosed trailer but might have to go that route. I have found some large 5 wheels that will handle it but i really don't want to purchase a 1 ton truck to pull it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone found a toy hauler with a garage that is large enough to handle the Talon? Everything i look at only has a 10' garage. I didn't want a C class motorhome with enclosed trailer but might have to go that route. I have found some large 5 wheels that will handle it but i really don't want to purchase a 1 ton truck to pull it.
2 or 4 seater?
4 seater

·
Registered
391 Posts
Grand Design Momentum

Travel Trailers
21G has a 14' Garage. 10,000 GVWR
23G has a 15' Garage. 12,000 GVWR
28G has a 16' 6" Garage. 12,000 GVWR
30G has a 20' 7" Garage. 12,000 GVWR

5th Wheels...
350G has a 14' 6" garage. 16,800 GVWR

Everything else long enough from Grand Design is triple axle and 20,000 LBS and will require a newer 1 ton to handle.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Another option is a Rack system. This is probably what I'm going to end up with. Got a buddy planning on doing this too. And, there is a guy locally that already has one and seems to work well for him. Travels back and forth from FL to TN.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we looked at a XLR Boost 29lrle yesterday. it has a 13' garage but no head room was around 76" tall. I dont want to let air out or come up with something elaborate to get it in there. So we have decided to purchase a C class motorhome and tow our trailer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I tried to find a toy hauler that would fit our 1000R and be light enough to tow with our Explorer. I could not find one at any price so I built my own fully equipped toy hauler with 11 ft. garage from a bare bones 16 ft. cargo trailer.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Cloud Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Sky Cloud Tire Plant

Property Building Fixture Wood Interior design

Building Window Wood Textile Fixture

Fixture Door Bathroom Toilet Gas

Not visible to the left is a sink, mirror and tankless water heater
Barely visible to the right is a 24x36 shower

Cabinetry Building Home appliance House Kitchen appliance

·
Registered
26 Posts
Forest River Work and play 27ft but there is still the height issue. I haven't found a bumper pull that will handle 86 inches. good luck and post if you find something.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have no issues with my fit. I just have a two seater, but the width is fine, I have a wider stance after new wheels and tire. I am at 72" in the front. I can get in and out of the Talon.
Mine is a extreme toy hauler, but when looking for a trailer, if the sides are flush with the outside of the wheels, that's as wide as you can get, usually that's a 102 wide trailer. Weather it's an extreme toy hauler like mine, or a 16 ft enclosed box. I also suggest if it's tight, use the winch, perfect solution. Please, still tie down the front, DO NOT USE THE WINCH TO HOLD THE TALON>

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have no issues with my fit. I just have a two seater, but the width is fine, I have a wider stance after new wheels and tire. I am at 72" in the front. I can get in and out of the Talon.
Mine is a extreme toy hauler, but when looking for a trailer, if the sides are flush with the outside of the wheels, that's as wide as you can get, usually that's a 102 wide trailer. Weather it's an extreme toy hauler like mine, or a 16 ft enclosed box. I also suggest if it's tight, use the winch, perfect solution. Please, still tie down the front, DO NOT USE THE WINCH TO HOLD THE TALON>
i like that set up, my problem is last truck i purchased. I was over def and not hauling much anymore so i bought a Ram Power Wagon so my towing capacity is terrible now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Grand Design Momentum

Travel Trailers
21G has a 14' Garage. 10,000 GVWR
23G has a 15' Garage. 12,000 GVWR
28G has a 16' 6" Garage. 12,000 GVWR
30G has a 20' 7" Garage. 12,000 GVWR

5th Wheels...
350G has a 14' 6" garage. 16,800 GVWR

Everything else long enough from Grand Design is triple axle and 20,000 LBS and will require a newer 1 ton to handle.
Grand Design Momentum 31g has a 13' separate garage might want to check the height also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2019 Forrest River vengeance rogue. Toy hauler. It has a 13’ garage. It is a bumper pull. I had a Polaris ranger crew 900 with a 4” lift and 29.5 outlaw tires. With a front bumper and a Minch. Length it just fit. ( may be a dent or 2 on the bathroom door knob…) this model has a full bath and a half bath in the garage. Love everything about this toyhauler!!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts