Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new member here & soon to be a new talon owner… Does anyone got experience with using U-Haul car transport to tow talon 1000x-4 ? The dealer I want to buy it from is far away from me and I don’t own a trailer yet so I thought that would be a good solution to get the talon from the dealer to my place.
Attaching some pictures and measurements, would be great if someone can let me know if it can work.
Line Rectangle Parallel Font Drawing

Font Parallel Rectangle Slope Diagram

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Road surface

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi all, new member here & soon to be a new talon owner… Does anyone got experience with using U-Haul car transport to tow talon 1000x-4 ? The dealer I want to buy it from is far away from me and I don’t own a trailer yet so I thought that would be a good solution to get the talon from the dealer to my place.
Attaching some pictures and measurements, would be great if someone can let me know if it can work.
View attachment 4171
View attachment 4173

View attachment 4174

View attachment 4175
It 100% works. Back the Talon on.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for letting me know. If no front and rear windshield what the advantage of loading it backwards ? More weight on the tongue ?
It barely fits on the U-Haul. You need to back it on for it to be safe, in my opinion. Lots of UTVs towed backed on trailers. If you're worried about the windshield I would just remove it for transport.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
With or with out the windshield I would never haul my buggy backwards. I have a X4 it WILL fit on almost any 12ft open trailer unless it has a ramp gate an then that would need removed. Other wise unless ur towing it with a trailer that was homemade with the axels in the “ wrong “ location an or a toe vehicle way smaller than necessary it will not matter if the rear is close to the back. But how ever u do it’s up to u long as u get from point A to point B in one piece an strapped down. Won’t matter bc ur part of the Honda SXS family. Welcome friend !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the advice, made it home safe last night with the new 1000x4 talon. 540 miles towing one way. Very easy to front load and secure it ( dealer suggest to remove the front hood just because of the long haul on the freeway ). if you need to pick up a unit from a far away dealer and you don’t have a trailer yet, it’s a very easy solution. U-Haul rate was $ 170 for 4 days so I can use it this weekend to go riding. My tow vehicle is a grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 hemi with air suspension. I can tow up to 7200. Trailer weight 2190 lb + talon 1730 lb so it was pretty smooth and easy tow.
Happy riding !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nice looken ride! Just remember before u go out to ride take all those pics u cld ever want bc it will NEVER be as clean as when u hauled it home again. Lol enjoy ! An one more time welcome to the family !!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol, that make sense. I did take some pics already today, driving around my home trying to get the puppies comfortable for tomorrow ride… She’s all stock, nothing on it yet. I was just happy to find a dealership that didn’t wanna include $5000 in accessories I don’t need right now…

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lol, that make sense. I did take some pics already today, driving around my home trying to get the puppies comfortable for tomorrow ride… She’s all stock, nothing on it yet. I was just happy to find a dealership that didn’t wanna include $5000 in accessories I don’t need right now…
Did your pups ride ok in the back seat? My huskies didn't like it until I built a removable platform for them. Of course, mine are close to 13 years old and a little overweight. Only trouble they have is jumping in since I added the 30" tires. Had to get a bench they can hope up onto then the Talen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did your pups ride ok in the back seat? My huskies didn't like it until I built a removable platform for them. Of course, mine are close to 13 years old and a little overweight. Only trouble they have is jumping in since I added the 30" tires. Had to get a bench they can hope up onto then the Talen.
I actually used a chair so they can jump in but I’ll probably just build out something for them. I got two huskies mix. The girl ( 6 ) loves it, she’s actually prefer to sit shotgun, lol. The boy ( 3 ) doesn’t love it yet but he will, he just don’t know it yet….he just need some time to adjust.
I put a blankets between and on the rear seats and a ruffwear car hammock. I think it will work for now, will test it tomorrow on some easy trails.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks like they love it. Stock isn’t bad u can buy what ever brand add on u want an do it in ur color choice an time frame. Mine was stock I have a huge dream list of shiiiituff for it. Most of its is wants not “needs” we ride when we’re able to but have to haul out for everything so I bought it July 21 an we have shy of 1000miles but we have had it Up North Michigan on trails 3-4 times an to a small hand full of off road parks a few times. Little bit of yard work here n there. Started upgrading it to do some endurance racing. Atlas Off-road makes some wicked aftermarket radius rods mine shld be here in the Nxt week or so, harness’s, side mirrors, homemade half windshield, must haves for everyone in my opinion- rear view mirror, 2 fire extinguishers one in operator reach one on rear roll cage. Just a slow process. There every bit as fun stock as they are all tricked out. I’m not a expert just average joe off roader looking for adventures:).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oh and before you try an figure it out. These things seem to always look dirty after cleaning up. I asked questions on here an was turned on to the Pledge dusting spray hack yup u read it correctly Pledge dusting spray pick ur flavor of smell spray on wipe off looks good as new by goodness !!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh and before you try an figure it out. These things seem to always look dirty after cleaning up. I asked questions on here an was turned on to the Pledge dusting spray hack yup u read it correctly Pledge dusting spray pick ur flavor of smell spray on wipe off looks good as new by goodness !!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great info, thanks. There are a few things I definitely need to get before my next ride. The list is getting longer by the minute… We had a great time at Windrock Park yesterday.
Thanks again for all the info & advice, great group of people here.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Car

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car

Plant Plant community Natural landscape Road surface Grass

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Collar Companion dog

Plant Water Tree Fluvial landforms of streams Natural landscape

1 - 20 of 20 Posts