Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the easiest way you folks have found to wash your Talon?
Specifically I am wondering if I could make things faster and easier if I bought a pressure washer and foaming accessories.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I use a low pressure washer from HF the cheap $80 one. It has enough to clean and not to much to cause damage. Foam cleaners are fun to use but there is no such thing as touchless.

·
Registered
2021 1000-X SE
26 Posts
I purchased the special foam gun and 4x4 cleaner. I didn't notice any difference in the cleaning time. I also regularly apply the SC1 to my bike, it looks really good after I apply but also doesn't seem to help that much. Unfortunately I think these things will also be a pain in the butt to clean.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just tried Mud Off on mine. First trip out, and I just sprayed the lower parts and motor. Holy Crap, water straight out of the hose, and mud gone.
We used to use this when we raced dirt cars. It is a bit pricey, 18 per quart that makes 3 gallons, but worth it I think.

I put it in a 3 gallon trigger sprayer, and leave it in the trailer.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have been using a 3000 PSI washer (just water, no soap, no gimmicks) for over 2 years and 4500 miles. Just blow off the dirt/mud and wipe dry and it looks like brand new (except for a few scratches).

Even the engine shines like new and many folks asks me how I keep mine looking so good. The trick is to not let dirt/mud sit on it for too long so I try to wash mine as soon as I get home.

Note, my machine is fully painted (Green, Red, Orange and White machines are painted). Not sure if the non-painted (black with stickers) units clean up as easily.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The r model live valve does not. Not painted I thought about that first time I washed it an realized wasn’t going to be easy. I use sprayaway interior cleaner on my tho makes it look good. Same look an cherry smell as sc1 an mudslinnger half the price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I purchased SLICK wash n spray. Wash is no better than Dawn soap and the spray looks good after applying but it acts like a magnet to dirt. Even with a power washer you must hand wash to get it clean. I'm staying with Dawn soap and a wash MIT.

·
Registered
276 Posts
my experience

bucket, soap, hot water, mitt, garden hose, took an hour to get from disaster to outside clean

figure another 2-3 hours for rest of machine

these things are mud magnets and a total pita, there is no magic goop to hose off and be like new

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
my experience

bucket, soap, hot water, mitt, garden hose, took an hour to get from disaster to outside clean

figure another 2-3 hours for rest of machine

these things are mud magnets and a total pita, there is no magic goop to hose off and be like new
i'm telling you, Mud Off works wonders. Ever watch a dirt sprint car race? those things are in high speed mus, then slightly dryer mud, then dry dirt. they sure look clean on the T.V. Trust me, I have scraped tons of mud off those things back in the day. Then along came Mud Off, and life got a lot easier

·
Registered
5 Posts
How does mud off work? Just spray it on after every clean? Does it make the plastic glossy? Sounds really good, just hesitant. How do you apply the product?

·
Registered
17 Posts
How does mud off work? Just spray it on after every clean? Does it make the plastic glossy? Sounds really good, just hesitant. How do you apply the product?
The instructions say clean the car, then spray mud off on. It goes on kind of milky, and leave a slight film.

It is not a cheap product, but so far it seems to go a long way. I mixed it in a 3 gallon sprayer, that stays in the trailer. I didn't spray the body on this trip, I will next time. I did do everything else. suspension, motor, and belly pan. Loaded in the trailer and went riding the next day. We did not get a lot of mud, but there was some. Took the hose and just rinsed everything off.

·
Registered
2021 1000-X SE
26 Posts
The instructions say clean the car, then spray mud off on. It goes on kind of milky, and leave a slight film.

It is not a cheap product, but so far it seems to go a long way. I mixed it in a 3 gallon sprayer, that stays in the trailer. I didn't spray the body on this trip, I will next time. I did do everything else. suspension, motor, and belly pan. Loaded in the trailer and went riding the next day. We did not get a lot of mud, but there was some. Took the hose and just rinsed everything off.
I wanted to check that stuff out, are you sure it’s called Mud off? The only thing similar I can find is Muck off? Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wanted to check that stuff out, are you sure it’s called Mud off? The only thing similar I can find is Muck off? Thanks
YEP, MUD or MUDD off. Amazon has it. summit racing has it cheaper, but the shipping makes it more expensive

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found it here. Does it look like the same stuff?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I found it here. Does it look like the same stuff?

Yep, that is it. Speedway is cheaper than Amazon, but not after the shipping is added.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What is the easiest way you folks have found to wash your Talon?
Specifically I am wondering if I could make things faster and easier if I bought a pressure washer and foaming accessories.
I just use a few drops of dish soap, wet, soap, rinse, easy to wash, Honda did a good job understanding its built for easy wash to clean body.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts