Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my panel installed along with a winch in/out toggle, and my mirror lights toggle.

Can anyone recommend any good switches to buy? I'm looking to grab a dual USB charger switch that'll fit in there. Any other ideas, if not I'll have to fill them with blanks.

Something like this USB charger...

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just got my panel installed along with a winch in/out toggle, and my mirror lights toggle.

Can anyone recommend any good switches to buy? I'm looking to grab a dual USB charger switch that'll fit in there. Any other ideas, if not I'll have to fill them with blanks.

Something like this USB charger...

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I am going to install one of these USB ports in mine. Im waiting to see if XTC has one as I like their products. I have my horn and lighted whips on my panel and soon to add USB. The rest are just plugs for now.

I was thinking about mounting a winch switch there. I decided against it for a simple reason, last time i needed a winch it was because I had rolled over down a 15 ft cliff. My car was on its roof. I had to winch around a couple rocks to get it to a spot I could roll it over. Had my winch switch been inside the car, I could not have gotten to it. We don't always winch from inside. Thus I prefer to have my winch control free to access from outside the car. IF needed be, I can still sit in the car and use it. Hopefully Ill never need it again and my winch will prove to be a waste of money. LOL

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm planning to install switches for an LED whip, other rear facing LEDs and maybe a backup light of some kind.
I thought about the back up light, but I never rode at night and don't plan on it... But there's always that possibility!

Not sure what else I can really use in the switch panel outside of a winch and light controls.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to install one of these USB ports in mine. Im waiting to see if XTC has one as I like their products. I have my horn and lighted whips on my panel and soon to add USB. The rest are just plugs for now.

I was thinking about mounting a winch switch there. I decided against it for a simple reason, last time i needed a winch it was because I had rolled over down a 15 ft cliff. My car was on its roof. I had to winch around a couple rocks to get it to a spot I could roll it over. Had my winch switch been inside the car, I could not have gotten to it. We don't always winch from inside. Thus I prefer to have my winch control free to access from outside the car. IF needed be, I can still sit in the car and use it. Hopefully Ill never need it again and my winch will prove to be a waste of money. LOL
Sounds scary, glad you got away unscathed!

I mounted both the hand controller you can plug in and the winch in/out switch. More often than not I'll be in the vehicle winching, or so I hope.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.