Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for you all. I was thinking about getting new tires and making the front and rear the same size. Has anyone had issues doing this? Was thinking about going to a 30x10-15 tire.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You will be fine with those sizes on the stock wheels. That's what i run, but i changes the wheels as well. I'm not sure if you will find tires the same size that will fit the stock rims. The diameter is the same already on the stock tires, the width is what you may have a problem finding because of the wheel width differences.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Quick question for you all. I was thinking about getting new tires and making the front and rear the same size. Has anyone had issues doing this? Was thinking about going to a 30x10-15 tire.
I’m running the Tusk Terrabite 30x10x15 on stock rims and I haven’t had any issues.

·
Registered
74 Posts
30x10-15’s are great, and putting them on 15x7 wheels all the way around is the way to go. By doing that, all tires will go on all corners. With the hubs set wider in the front, and the same offset wheels, you get the front a couple inches wider than the rear. That’s what you want. Some guys put spacers on the rear to make the front and rear the same width. This makes it not steer as well. Beware, bigger diameter tires will make the shift points at a different rpm. It will wind too high and not shift in some situations, and lug down before it shifts in other situations. Using the sport mode does change it, but doesn’t fix it. You need to tell the computer that there’s 30’s on there not 28’s anymore. I’m not sure if anyone has a tune to fix that on the PV3 or not. That was one of my excuses to get the way over priced Jackson turbo kit. You can program 28”, 30”, or 32” tires.
I am running 15x7" with 30" all the way around. I haven't noticed any need to re program. Am i missing something? I don't want to not do it if it is needed. Can you let me know the purpose of the re-flash. Is it just speedo related?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I see now the shift points are affected, i have heard 31 and 32 are a must but most people are running 30's with no prob. I also switch back and forth, some parks have a 71" limit. I can do that with stockers, my bead locks push the front to 72"

·
Registered
74 Posts
Got it, I noticed when trail riding, I use manual more so I can some what control the shift points. But I have done that since before the 30's

·
Registered
6 Posts
I run 35x9.50x20’s with no issues. 6” portals with 30% gear reduction helps. Bike still runs over 60 mph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts