Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve road dirt bikes since fourth grade and purchased my first sxs at 45. Wanting to go 30” on my new talon completely upside down on what to get I will trail ride and in southern Indiana there is pretty much mud on every trail but I also backroad cruise and in three weeks have 550 miles on my talon. The tires I like the itp ultra cross or Mongrel are not favored for mud I’m not a mudder but inevitably on the trails here there will be mud. Are these tires absolutely terrible in mud or will I get by? I’d hate to by a aggressive tire I think with all the back road cruises I’d chew those up in no time don’t wanna buy tires yearly lol. Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
you will get a bunch of answers. Assuming you are hitting mud on your normal trail and not going out search for mud, I suggest a more open tire than the 2 you mentioned. Besides being better on traction, an open tire will clean out better / quicker. With the Ultracross the mud just seems to keep coming for ever throwing it out in front of you to run into. I have the Terra Masters and when steering straight, they seem to throw crap kinda to side (I have Rockblotz too). I can say they are way better than ultracross, Tusk Terabite, and maxxis Liberty for clean out. The Maxxis Carnivore are good tire just not great sizing in 15" (big or small compared to 14") Good luck with you choice

1 - 2 of 2 Posts