Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2021 1000x with live valve shocks. The throttle is very touchy to the point you cant' feather it when going over roughs terrain. i think the spring on the pedal is to light. Has anybody else had this issue. it is like riding a bucking bronco at slow speeds on a rough road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2021 1000x with live valve shocks. The throttle is very touchy to the point you cant' feather it when going over roughs terrain. i think the spring on the pedal is to light. Has anybody else had this issue. it is like riding a bucking bronco at slow speeds on a rough road.
I also. only few miles on it but tends to tear up the grass especially in reverse. hopefully this subsides after use.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine is jumpy too but I'm getting used to it. I've always thought that offroad vehicles should have a small hydraulic gas damper on the throttle. My old 4x4 trucks did the same thing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
welcome to the talon

I guess since it is direct connect - same deal as old manual tranny 4WD - lurch ya and jerky

·
Registered
1 Posts
They are all like this. Right side of foot against firewall, heel firmly against floor, left side of foot controls pedal. Three point position to smooth out the throttle. Becomes easy with a little practice. My wife wanted to return it the first day out, said horses don't buck this hard….

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a throttle heel plate on the internet. It went on in 5 minutes and improved the jumpy throttle 90%. Night and day improvement. Got it from Brute Performance.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Talon 1000R
14 Posts
They are all like this. Right side of foot against firewall, heel firmly against floor, left side of foot controls pedal. Three point position to smooth out the throttle. Becomes easy with a little practice. My wife wanted to return it the first day out, said horses don't buck this hard….
Agreed, I also purchased the bandit springs that helped alot of this, guess the live valve does not help this issue either, glad I did not wait to spend the extra cash for those. Still do not think your money should go to your suspension unless you break something or race, these should be good to go and with no rebound control the shocks slam to full extension constantly.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It depends on what kinda ride you want? For me (mostly my wife) we wanted plush. The U.S. rollover requirements control what or what not Honda or any of the SXS companies can do. Look at Polaris their tender springs come collapsed from the factory, same deal! If they want a better ride they also need to change the springs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put a 4x6" foam block under the throttle and it seems to work fine. Cheap and easy to replace if you lose it. Also make a heel bracket on the floor to pivot your foot in front of . Another cheap and easy upgrade..T- BOB

·
Registered
2019 Honda Talon 1000R
14 Posts
Rode in a buddy's Kawasaki KRX this weekend, not sure what the difference is in the shocks but this is what the Talon should ride like, Holi crap what an amazing, plush, soft, beautiful ride! I wanted one of these but wanted to get away from belts on the trails, I think Kawi got it figured out, now I want one again...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts