Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking but can't find the answer. There is a factory thread on both sides of the roll bar behind the seat on both sides (2021 Talon X, 2 seat). What are these for???
Cameras & optics Automotive lighting Automotive tire Camera accessory Gas

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seat belts.
It is on the back-side of the seat belt mount. I didn't notice that before. I guess they must have drilled that mount all the way though and then welded it. Just not sure why unless it is intended for Light Whips as DeerHunter mentions. At the wrong angle for Rota-Pack fuel tanks.

If someone has done something other than light whips, please post a use / picture.

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
It is on the back-side of the seat belt mount. I didn't notice that before. I guess they must have drilled that mount all the way though and then welded it. Just not sure why unless it is intended for Light Whips as DeerHunter mentions. At the wrong angle for Rota-Pack fuel tanks.

If someone has done something other than light whips, please post a use / picture.

Thanks!!!!
It's not intended to mount anything, it is all about the engineering. You cannot just drill a hole in the roll cage or weld a nut to it and bolt a seatbelt to it, the leverage would simply rip the bolt out with one good jerk. For strength, you must drill all the way through the tubing and weld it solid on both sides. This design is about 4-8 time stronger than just a nut welded to the tubing.

The other end is just there for engineering reasons and nothing more. They could have not drilled/threaded all the way through or capped it off with a bolt but they didn't. You can be creative and do what you please with it or just leave it be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts