Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
What is this threaded attachment for?
Obviously the other end holds the shoulder strap. There is no real reason for it to pultrude all the way through except for strength. If it was simply welded to the inside and not all the way through, it would not be strong enough and may bend the cage tubing when enough downward pressure is applied.

You can use it for anything you desire, I believe it is the only SAE thread (7/16-20) on the entire machine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Obviously the other end holds the shoulder strap. There is no real reason for it to pultrude all the way through except for strength. If it was simply welded to the inside and not all the way through, it would not be strong enough and may bend the cage tubing when enough downward pressure is applied.

You can use it for anything you desire, I believe it is the only SAE thread (7/16-20) on the entire machine.
Makes perfect sense, I thought there may be a cool add-on that I wasn’t aware of, lol

·
Registered
2021 1000x 4 Live Valve
70 Posts
Ok,
Where did you get these? Being a bit OCD, I hate that Honda only put 1 mount on the machine.
That being said, I am trying to get a pair of "shorter" flag poles. My long one hates it when I forget to lower it upon entering my trailer. I figure if I get 2 shorter ones, spring mount them, they may survive a little longer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ok,
Where did you get these? Being a bit OCD, I hate that Honda only put 1 mount on the machine.
That being said, I am trying to get a pair of "shorter" flag poles. My long one hates it when I forget to lower it upon entering my trailer. I figure if I get 2 shorter ones, spring mount them, they may survive a little longer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You're welcome!

I too found myself wondering why Honda didn't make it to where you could use either side or mount two flags. Hell my old 1985 FL350r had spots for two flags. Why not the Talon?

Randman

1 - 18 of 18 Posts