Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did not find an exhaust thread, seems strange, maybe I glanced over it.

Anyway, anyone found something that looks ok and sounds really good? Do not need more horsepower but if the big twin can be made to sound really good I would love that.

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
I went with HMF full performance exhaust the sound gets rave reviews for everyone. It is the best sound in my opinion and is a tuned exhaust so you get that low rumble with an excellent note when you accelerate. For the Talon I have not heard one better! Ride safe and keep having fun. PS the look is fantastic, straight out not bent 90 degrees sideways.
Here is what they look like, I ride in mud so the stainless is stained.

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Always a good idea to see what tuners recommend, ask Hess Motorsports (940 759 4597) and PWRTune (877.446.1550) what they recommend and why. Plus any tuners in your local area. You also can contact SuperATV they are on this forum. The more input from different sources the better. When it comes to sound best to find a friend with one installed and listen for yourself. Also take a good look at how the Evo is installed, it is mounted sideways in the rear then look at the HMR, the mufflers point straight back and the header makes as few bends as possible to mate up with the mufflers. Always best to do your homework and then pick whatever you think is the best result and fits your budget. Advertised HP gains is up to 11 HP for the HMF full performance exhaust. Listen to one live and in person! Be safe out there and do have fun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Agency makes a really cool exhaust that looks awesome but man is it pricey... $1,300. I like the looks of the HMF for $400 less but from videos the Evo looks nice and sounds really good..

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Make sure to hear them in person there is a difference between taped audio and live. Also, call for the best pricing I do, and many times they will give a discount (whoever you go with).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Will note what I think of the EVO if it gets here before I get too old to ride. Lead time is said to be 3-4 weeks at the moment.
I saw a website offering a Gibson dual pipe with like 40% off right now around $540. Its a nice looking exhaust and sounds good from clips ive heard. my only downside is that its not a full header back exhaust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts