Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live here in Utah and love my 2020 Talon X-4, but I am thinking about going and picking up an X3 or RZR turbo. My family and I ride dunes and mountain trails. The Talon is very limited compared to my friends in both situations without dumping a tone more money. I posted my talon for sale high and got a bit for $2000 more then I bought it for back in march. What are your guys opinion? I know this is a Talon form and I am on the fence.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Where do you see it lacking in your ridding?
From 2+ years and thousands of miles of experience, the Talon most definitely lags behind the X3 or Turbo S at the dunes but it is sufficient for me, especially with the right paddle tires.

I personally do not find myself needing anything more on mountain trails, I can keep up with everyone and at rock crawling, my Talon R outshines most everything else except a purpose built RZR. Only thing I have done is 30" tires, High Clearance Arms and a Skid Plate.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You basically have two choices. Either add a turbo to your Talon and still be into it for less than a turbo rzr or can am, or dump a ton of money into the purchase of a turbo rzr or can am as well as dump a ton of money into it after buying it and deal with the down time.

·
Registered
2020 R
25 Posts
You basically have two choices. Either add a turbo to your Talon and still be into it for less than a turbo rzr or can am, or dump a ton of money into the purchase of a turbo rzr or can am as well as dump a ton of money into it after buying it and deal with the down time.

Man how much you getting turbos for and having them installed? A rzr Pro xp 4 is less than $4k more than the talon x4. I have Never driven a pro xp 4 but have experienced 5 different Rzr models, my talon R and a pioneer and the Pro xp is the best machine I’ve driven/ridden in. I Love my talon don’t get me wrong but if someone is looking for more hp and a way more plush suspension I would check one of those out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts