Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I am still trying to find that unicorn of a spare tire mount. Affordable (according to me at least), of good quality, and where I can still use my 8" DS18 speaker pods.
Has anyone here happened to be using this mount by Factory UTV?

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Or, does anyone have a suggestion that doesn't cost $900 shipped? Believe me, I really like the Dirt Off Road tailgate, bed extender, tire mount unit...but I also like being happily married.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you are handy or have good friend that is, you can adapt the Yamaha YXZ one. I had to build some brackets but works great and swings out to get access to bed. If haul on open trailer, you can fab up one to put on roof that works too (and cheaper)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle

·
Registered
41 Posts
Okay, so I am still trying to find that unicorn of a spare tire mount. Affordable (according to me at least), of good quality, and where I can still use my 8" DS18 speaker pods.

View attachment 3496 View attachment 3496

Or, does anyone have a suggestion that doesn't cost $900 shipped? Believe me, I really like the Dirt Off Road tailgate, bed extender, tire mount unit...but I also like being happily married.
There’s a couple different options you can do if you know any welders that are local I’m sure they can weld you up a nice tailgate for a decent price and there’s also the hitch way to go for your tire mount !

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
178 Posts

I am using this mount and it works great. I don’t know about your speakers, but the mount is adjustable and very functional.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Plant

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is the unicorn!!!
I love this mount and bed extender!!!

Yeah….that’s no unicorn. If it were priced lower, than yes. But that’s a sexy redhead that wants big diamonds. ($900 shipped)

I need the trailer queen that is happy with cubic zirconia.

I ordered the Factory UTV unit. I’ll post up when it’s on. ($140 shipped)

·
Registered
4 Posts

I have this one and it failed after one season of use. The welds were really poorly done. I and going to build my own similar to some I have seen fir the rzrs or canams.

hDvARIsAACSOOMiaxo8Srou_M3MfzB2SE2J6xC7JYxgFLWCvGgDoao0RxPjT8teJJYaAjaZEALw_wcB[/URL]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.