Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My wife and I have a 2020 Honda Talon 1000R That now has about 250 miles on it. As many folks have noticed, the Talon is set up from the factory for racing around at high speed. The suspension is set up hard as a rock. It drives perfectly, but beats you to death. We're old, and don't race around. But, we do trail ride. One day 85.5 miles on a kick your butt rocky bumpy two track road that was last used in 1899. It was just brutal.

After watching a Terry Hatfield You Tube, I decided that replacing the tinder springs was going to be the answer. He says it is a two hour job. Maybe for him. It took me all day. I think mostly because I didn't have the proper tools. I had to jack and block, then jack some more to get the wheels off the ground. Then I had to use a cheater bar to loosen the bolts, and buy different wrench handles, because mine wouldn't fit in the space.

When all is said and done, The Bandit Tender Springs have changed our world. It' is actually fun to hit a whoop, or pot hole. We rode today over a 33 mile road that would send you to a chiropractor, and came out smiling.

In my opinion, the Bandit Tender Springs are worth the money and time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi I just added a set to my 1000X Saturday what did you set your preload? I see your rear shocks looks about 3'' preload, I know Terry said should 5'' on front and 4''rear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I just added a set to my 1000X Saturday what did you set your preload? I see your rear shocks looks about 3'' preload, I know Terry said should 5'' on front and 4''rear.
We have a Talon R, so it is a different set up from an X. Bandit suggests that you take up the slack until the springs quit rattling, then tighten them 1/4 inch more and try them out. I took up another 1/2 inch and have never looked back. It is night and day difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts