Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have raced motocross and desert racing professionally for years, and I ALWAYS tell people the same thing, put your money in your suspension and handling before you ever touch the motor. Then you have a tool set to win. Go with those that live and die by Racing not some dude shop that resells springs and makes fancy videos.

Call Weller Racing you won't be disappointed. Nothing was more harsh than the YXZ when it came out, and Weller racing ran Yamaha to the top of many different championships with the most progressive fixes for that SXS! Weller Racing has over 1000 miles developing a very cost effective suspension kit for the Honda Talon. Just amazing!! Plus, they have a national champion doing their test driving not some guy rally'ing it at the dunes!! Again, Best solution on the market for the Talon R right now but I imagine the internals are all the same!!

Talon 1000R Dual Rate Spring and Shock Internal Modification
I called Weller Racing today and they now are offering a shock valve upgrade with using the original springs. Has anyone purchased this upgrade, and if so, has it helped with the ride and reduced the throttle bounce issue?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went with the bandit tender springs and was amazed. I wont be doing any revalving...not needed. I'm not a racer but I like to launch it off hills....its a world of difference. The fact that when traveling over moguls and rocks etc....it handles the initial impact better. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went with the bandit tender springs and was amazed. I wont be doing any revalving...not needed. I'm not a racer but I like to launch it off hills....its a world of difference. The fact that when traveling over moguls and rocks etc....it handles the initial impact better. Just my 2 cents.
Brian did you do a complete bandit spring replace? Or just the tenders?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just the tenders and just the rears ..... was like night and day. They will sell the rears separate so u dont need the whole kit. Took me about an hr to do the rears.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts