Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a lot of information on the forum about replacing the tender springs or as some call them the spacer springs on the rear shocks. I'm not that concerned about ground clearance as much as I am about handling. How much can I adjust the rear springs to lower the Talon a little without the springs getting to loose? What measurements do you stock guys have from the nut to the top of the threads?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Take a look at the rear top springs if the coils are touching each other they are in coil bind and act like a spacer not a spring. If that is the case adjusting will not help. The least expensive way is to replace them with Bandit upper springs they are $200 for all four corners and you can install them. if you have a simple vice. Here is a video that explains the process much better than I can:
. Or you can spend over 2K for complete replacements. You can always start small and it will definitely improve your ride. Keep safe and smile it helps!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blue Dog,
The top springs are compressed, but I’m not thrilled with replacing the tender spring and increasing the ground clearance and ride height. I’m looking for a solution that smooths out the ride but also improves handling. Keeps the same ride height or even lower it a little. In my opinion the spring replacement is just a band-aid.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Lowering, hum -- cut off a coil on the top spring. Trouble is that spring is to weak and is a spacer. Contact Bandit or expert of your choice for a one off solution. First define your requirements and be willing to spend a bit of money and take some risk. Keep us informed on your progress. Ride safe and have fun. Remember the iron triangle.🙃

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Here you go put in the Bandit uppers (adds and inch) and while the wheels are removed mount your original OEM tires back on. You get a better ride and reduces your ground clearance -- or you could go with even smaller tires and get it in the weeds--lol. Just kidding😂😂😂. Smoother ride, improved handling, lower ride height.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts