Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is a simple question that I can not find a definite answer to. What is the largest tire that can be put on the Honda Talon X with stock rims, stock A-arms, and stock suspension?

I have heard alot about 32 inch tires "slightly" rubbing. I am looking at purchasing 31x10x15 inch STI Out & Back Max tire's. STI claims it to be a "true 31 inch tire". I need to know if they would clear on the stock Talon X.

I have read several things that say 30's clear no problem, and that 32's rub slightly. With this being said I think the "true" 31's should clear. Any and all input and thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
225 Posts
So this is a simple question that I can not find a definite answer to. What is the largest tire that can be put on the Honda Talon X with stock rims, stock A-arms, and stock suspension?

I have heard alot about 32 inch tires "slightly" rubbing. I am looking at purchasing 31x10x15 inch STI Out & Back Max tire's. STI claims it to be a "true 31 inch tire". I need to know if they would clear on the stock Talon X.

I have read several things that say 30's clear no problem, and that 32's rub slightly. With this being said I think the "true" 31's should clear. Any and all input and thoughts are appreciated.
You can run a 30 but larger may rub depends on actual height width etc. You can go much larger with forward A Arms, spacers, and upper spring replacement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BlueDog1210 thank you. The tires I am looking at are 31x10x15 they claim them to be "true to size". I'm trying to keep stock with good mud tires and there arent many options in a 15 inch rim.

·
Registered
225 Posts
BlueDog1210 thank you. The tires I am looking at are 31x10x15 they claim them to be "true to size". I'm trying to keep stock with good mud tires and there arent many options in a 15 inch rim.
I understand, and it gets more complicated the larger you go. I like your idea to keep the suspension stock. If just 31s you could replace the upper springs (Bandit) -- that gave me 1 inch in the front and 1.25 inches more height in the rear and the whole set for all four tires was $200 and no spring compressor required. It also makes the ride ever so much better even with the stock wheels. The only other issue would be the fencer well expecially the drivers side that is where I needed the most clearance.:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I run 32" carnivores and have only had it slightly rub twice. I believe they measure at or slightly over 32"

31s should clear no problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by not many options for 15s they seem pretty dang common for 30s and up.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think Grooms is correct. The more time passes the more options there are for Talons. When you try to match the offset of the OEM in a 15 inch wheel there still is not much to pick from.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think Grooms is correct. The more time passes the more options there are for Talons. When you try to match the offset of the OEM in a 15 inch wheel there still is not much to pick from.
Supposedly system 3 makes a 6+1 and 4+3 in the same offset, according to a few guys on honda sxs club, that is the closest to stock with 10" tires all around.

Personally, I'm planning on 5+2 all around with 1" spacers in the back, which will be a little wider in the front. Not a fan of spacers, but in the rear, I don't think it's a huge deal.

·
Registered
225 Posts
There are some very nice custom made wheels but they come with a nice price tag as well. The more options that are available for our Talons the better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts