Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Talon owners, I am seeking information and opinions on the purchase of the extended warranty. My 2021 talon has 4000 miles on it with no issues and the warranty is up on in November, 2021. Does anyone regret not buying the warranty ? and has anyone had major troubles with their machine in the past ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Talon owners, I am seeking information and opinions on the purchase of the extended warranty. My 2021 talon has 4000 miles on it with no issues and the warranty is up on in November, 2021. Does anyone regret not buying the warranty ? and has anyone had major troubles with their machine in the past ?
Hi, I purchased a 3yr extended warranty just prior to the expiration of the 12 mo factory warranty. I negotiated with the dealer finance guy and was able to get the warranty for less than half the quote given at the time i purchased the Talon. If you can negotiate a good rate, you will be happy to have the protection.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, I purchased a 3yr extended warranty just prior to the expiration of the 12 mo factory warranty. I negotiated with the dealer finance guy and was able to get the warranty for less than half the quote given at the time i purchased the Talon. If you can negotiate a good rate, you will be happy to have the protection.
Thank you ,I did not realize it was negotiable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you ,I did not realize it was negotiable.
Hi Roger, M.
I always negotiate the price of a vehicle extended warranty. There is huge flexibility in pricing and the initial offer at the time of purchase is inflated. The reduction I received came from a different dealer than the one I purchased the Talon from. I went to the second dealer for some warranty work and asked about the extended warranty. They pointed me to their finance guy who had no incentive other than to negotiate. He dropped the price well below half of the original offer From the first dealer. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is very good to know. My only question is do they hassle you if need to use it an try get out of coverage. Big tires or anything like that. Or have to have them do even the oil changes or voids warranty?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Roger, M.
I always negotiate the price of a vehicle extended warranty. There is huge flexibility in pricing and the initial offer at the time of purchase is inflated. The reduction I received came from a different dealer than the one I purchased the Talon from. I went to the second dealer for some warranty work and asked about the extended warranty. They pointed me to their finance guy who had no incentive other than to negotiate. He dropped the price well below half of the original offer From the first dealer. Hope this helps!
Thanks I will try this approach with my dealer and others.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts