Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn’t wait to buy a functional tailgate for my new Talon, so I’m building my own. It will have a 4.5 gallon fuelpax tank and a tray for the coolers. Bags can hang off the back. It swings out to the right and uses a slam latch.
41660C9C-16FF-41B4-A849-ED8C6C0E43C0.jpeg
2BAF8F86-9C1E-4110-88FF-FDBFDF09D0BE.jpeg
E746ACDA-2BEA-4162-B2BD-72E5E2D03D42.jpeg

·
Registered
102 Posts
Very nice tail gate, and I love the ability to swing it open. I have looked but have not seen anything like yours. Are you going to make any? It just looks so functional and adding a little bit of space is an extra benefit. I assume you did the bumpers as well they also look pro! Super job.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bumpers are from Honda. The tailgate mounts were welded on to the roll bar, so they would have to be done by who ever installs the tailgate. If the mounts were clamp on, I could knock a few out, and sell them, but this is a 1 off unit. Here’s a couple more pictures with 2 coolers, a 4.5 gallon gas container, and a couple of motorcycle saddlebags I found. Someone is bound to offer some soon! They will prolly be from China, unfortunately. The only way I see I could do these, is if I had the SXS at my shop in Mulino, Oregon

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
You did a super job and having it swing out of the way was a great idea. Definately made to last and very study from the pictures. I have seen a few but none like yours. I hope someone in the US offers similar to yours. I always try to buy USA and will pay more -- Yup you pay for quality. If you ever decide to make one (I can find someone to do the welding to the frame) do let me know. Thanks for the pictures. I imagine riding in Oregon is beautiful.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You did a super job and having it swing out of the way was a great idea. Definately made to last and very study from the pictures. I have seen a few but none like yours. I hope someone in the US offers similar to yours. I always try to buy USA and will pay more -- Yup you pay for quality. If you ever decide to make one (I can find someone to do the welding to the frame) do let me know. Thanks for the pictures. I imagine riding in Oregon is beautiful.
Thanks for liking my design. Oregon is beautiful to ride in. We have the coast, mountains, and desert. The problem is our government is continuously closing riding areas. They hate atv’s and want to eventually close the whole state to atv’s . They don’t care how much revenue is generated when people with atv’s come to Oregon. I grew up on the southern Oregon coast and have been riding out there for years. There use to be some smooth sand if you got away from the main areas. Now, there’s so many people that there’s no more smooth sand anywhere. So, we no longer go to the dunes. We go to the mountains or desert and get away from all of the people.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great job 👍 Ticster, look very nice. For the rest of us though HMF Industries has a swing out version made right here in the USA. check out their website. They're in Cleveland OH.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts