Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone swap out there stock springs for the Shock Therapy kit - wanting to know if it really corrects the harsh stock ride.
Thanks in advance -

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did the springs first and it helped. Then did the revalve and it make a huge difference. Washboard is completely different now and much softer ride. Machine leans a lot more now in fast turns on road 40+ mph just like my RZR did after changing the springs. Well worth the investment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did the springs first and it helped. Then did the revalve and it make a huge difference. Washboard is completely different now and much softer ride. Machine leans a lot more now in fast turns on road 40+ mph just like my RZR did after changing the springs. Well worth the investment.
Did the spring change alone make enough of a difference that the re valve is not necessary?

·
Registered
19 Posts
No the re valving was very necessary to me. Washboard after the re valving is night and day different. Before springs and re valving washboard was so violent that my teeth would chatter and I could not stop it. Should have just done it all at one time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you remove your shocks, send them in to Shock Therapy, how long did it take and what was the cost?

·
Registered
19 Posts
It costs around $1500. It is a little cheaper do do it all a once. I was in Phoenix area so I ordered the springs and when re valving made an appointment and took the shocks to them. Picked up a few hours later. If shipping another reason to do it all in one step and not pay for shipping two times.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It costs around $1500. It is a little cheaper do do it all a once. I was in Phoenix area so I ordered the springs and when re valving made an appointment and took the shocks to them. Picked up a few hours later. If shipping another reason to do it all in one step and not pay for shipping two times.
Thanks for the update....I may look around Minnesota and see if there isn’t a local place that can address the issue....thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts