Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda Canada has determined that Canadians don’t need the Talon R. Yes there are pros and cons for both, suspension and width, however travel between Canada and USA is very common and there are many applications where the “R” is an option that should be available for Canadians as we spend a great deal of time in Sand Dunes and Moab. Has anyone had discussions with someone in the know with Honda Canada about releasing “R”s to Canadians?

·
Registered
402 Posts
And your color choice is Red or Red!
And for 2022, your color choice is Black or Black.

Why don't you Canadians buy an R in the US and import it?

Talon X in Canada is $30,500 (Includes freight, logistics surcharge, PDI and levies) but before local taxes.
Talon R $23,400 US (includes destination, freight surcharge and dealer prep)= $30,420 CAD (before local taxes)
$30,420 + 5% import fee at the border = $31,941 CAD.

So to me it looks like for about $1,441 CAD ($1,100 US) more than an X (that is basically the difference between the R and X in the US), you can get an R but then you have to transport it yourself.

Unless I am missing a huge fee at the border, it seems like you can import an R for just a little more that it costs for an X. What am I missing here???

·
Registered
130 Posts
i wonder if there are any warranty issues. Years back I sold a used Yamaha snowmobile to guy in Canada (had it shipped). In order to go into Canada, I had to sign a paper dropping the warranty before it could go. I did not understand why.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts