Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
HavasuDave, I'm looking to change out my stock tires before our May Moab trip. I put the Terrabites on my little RZR 900 Trail just before I sold it, but only had them on for one easy trail ride so I really didn't have the chance to give them an honest test. I loved them on everything hard packed including asphalt, but I did notice they threw rocks like crazy on the gravel roads. What is your opinion of them now that you've put a lot of miles on them? How do they do in Moab and climbing in loose rocks etc?
Ez, I liked the terrabites for traction, control and ride. I just had trouble with them leaking on bead lock rims. I put them on my stock rims and they didn't leak. On a ride last month, I damaged one of them with three punctures in the sidewall, which we plugged and damage at the bead, which we couldn't fix even with slime. I faced the decision of buy another tire or...

I gave up on them and went for the BFGoodrich KM3 tires(UTV, not DOT) Only have one ride on them, so not enough time to give a full evaluation. I went big 32x10x15 and they are mounted on my System 3 beadlock rims. Again, I don't have enough time on

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks for the info. I’m kinda leaning towards the Kanati Mongrels right now. You have any experience with those?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Since the Talon doesn’t have a rubber band, it changes the shifting. The 30” tires made my talon lug around a lot. it wouldn’t shift down soon enough. It sounds like the over priced Jackson turbo kit is the only way to get the tire adjustment done so it shifts right

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Since the Talon doesn’t have a rubber band, it changes the shifting. The 30” tires made my talon lug around a lot. it wouldn’t shift down soon enough. It sounds like the over priced Jackson turbo kit is the only way to get the tire adjustment done so it shifts right
Yeah, well now I have lots of miles on the 32", they are too big. The shift points were screwed up, braking was less effective, downhill engine braking rolled too fast etc... I will be going back to 30's for normal riding when I wear these out. I'll use my factory tires for sand. I liked the 30's, but 32 are too tall. I bought the 12oClockLabs device and fixed the shift points, odometer and speedometer errors, but the talon has 6 speed sensors so it doesn't drop the idle when you try to brake, which requires more brake pedal.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I honestly didn’t notice any appreciable difference in power when I put on my 30” teribites?

·
Registered
95 Posts
It wasn’t a difference in power, just when the ecu decides to shift. In auto it wouldn't shift down soon enough, so it was at a very low rpm too long, forcing me to manually down shift. Then in sport mode, it would hold it in any particular gear too long, forcing me to manually up shift. Anyone know of deals on the Jackson turbo kits? They are about the only ones offering tire size adjustments with the ECU.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Dave, did the terabyte tires change your overall width much and if so how much?
My trailer barely fits my Talon R right now with stock tires and wheels and I am pretty sure that changing the rims and tires will make it not fit on my trailer.
When you get back, we can talk about you selling me your current trailer, as I am in the market!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts