Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been trying to find anyone who has put paddle tires on their Talon. What works well on a stock Talon, slightly modified, or full mod turbo Talon. 14” or 15”? I know rotating mass is a big deal, so light wheels are a must and beadlocks aren’t needed in the dunes as well. I like the STU Tributes to take advantage of the 4 wheel drive. STU also makes the “Blackbird” paddles, but I think that may be too much for a stock Talon. All input is welcome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve been trying to find anyone who has put paddle tires on their Talon. What works well on a stock Talon, slightly modified, or full mod turbo Talon. 14” or 15”? I know rotating mass is a big deal, so light wheels are a must and beadlocks aren’t needed in the dunes as well. I like the STU Tributes to take advantage of the 4 wheel drive. STU also makes the “Blackbird” paddles, but I think that may be too much for a stock Talon. All input is welcome.
I ran a set of 30” tires with 14” rims out at glamis and the Talon worked great. I then saw a R with 32” tires and 15” rims and decided I liked the look so I but those on. Now the Talon doesn’t have as much response like it did with the smaller tires. I am going to put the turbo on so hopefully the larger tires will be fine.
I would recommend staying with 30” tires and 14” rims.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ran a set of 30” tires with 14” rims out at glamis and the Talon worked great. I then saw a R with 32” tires and 15” rims and decided I liked the look so I but those on. Now the Talon doesn’t have as much response like it did with the smaller tires. I am going to put the turbo on so hopefully the larger tires will be fine.
I would recommend staying with 30” tires and 14” rims.
Sorry I am running the system 3 SS360 tires and headlock rims the tire pattern works great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts